TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran the 34x10.50-16LT Super Swamper LTB's on factory 16x7 wheels?

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Yes. Your most likely spot to rub would be the frame due to the 4.5" BS of the factory wheel.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running the 33X10.5X 15 on stock rims with 2.5" lift with no rubbing.....
I will have 2.5" of lift as well when I put them on... I also plan to beat the pinch weld down... I just asked because the interco website shows the 34x10.50 LTB with a 8" wide rim... not a 7"...

I plan to mount them on some 16x7 factory Tundra steel wheels that I got for free... anyone know if the backspacing is the same for them as the factory Tacoma wheels?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I will have 2.5" of lift as well when I put them on... I also plan to beat the pinch weld down... I just asked because the interco website shows the 34x10.50 LTB with a 8" wide rim... not a 7"...

I plan to mount them on some 16x7 factory Tundra steel wheels that I got for free... anyone know if the backspacing is the same for them as the factory Tacoma wheels?
you may lose some turning radius when it rubs on the frame.. why do you want to run 34's?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you may lose some turning radius when it rubs on the frame.. why do you want to run 34's?
For as much ground clearance as possible, along with the fact that these are pretty aggressive tires, which I want. I had some problems the other day with a hill climb in some slippery mud. I think these would have cured the problem easy. Plus there are some nice ruts out where I wheel when it rains or after it rains. If I had to guess, most people are running 33's out there, so this would insure that I most likely wont slide into some ruts that are much deeper then my tires. Besides, these are only going to be trail tires. I have BFG A/T's for the daily driving.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Well the 34 will fit on your stock rims no prob. Hell for all i know you may not even have rubbing issues, but i'm no expert on it. Also i'm guessing since your running 34x10.50 its an SS LTB. In which case i hope those are offroad only tires cause they are horrible on the street, they are like driving on square tires but they are awesome offroad cant beat'em. In any case do a test fit if possible and if it works then hey it works.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
They might also rub in the UCA.

Mitch is running that exact tire with factory wheels as well. You could take a look at his set up to get some ideas.

·
Registered
348 Posts
At minimum, you will rub on the frame at full lock turns. You will also have to punch in your pinch weld. In the rear, you will also rub on the fender flares under flex.

The true dimmensions are actually 33.6" x 10.7. That's very similar to the 255/85 R16 BFG Mud Terrains (they are 33.4 x 10). I would suggest searching more on that tire as you will get a good idea of some of the challenges you may face.

Just want to comment on your reasoning for the tire size. With really sloppy mud, part of the key is to keep the tread blocks clean so they can grip. The best way to clean them is to spin the tires - but the bigger the tires you have, the harder it is to spin them with stock gearing. In the end, you will probably get better results with a smaller tire with the right treads. Bigger isn't always better and is that extra 1/2" of clearance under the diff really going to make a difference?

Hope that helps :)

Pete

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan to re-gear also... I will probably go to 4.88's. Plus a s/c is most likely in the future about 6 months down the road.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i have 255/85's on stock 16x7 5 stars. You will rub the rear of the frame at full lock, and you will also hit the bottoms of the flares when tucking. Just need to trim them and flush mount the flare screws. Running about 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice truck!!! Looks great... now I really can't wait to finish installing my lift and get the tires!!! How do you like the Maxxis Bighorns? How do they do in mud? Any reason you chose them over the BFG M/T's or Trxus in the same size?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts