TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked these little guys up last week. Got some 15" wheelers on the way...

Hope they fit...

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
can't imagine those big fawking lugs rubbing on muh frame :eek:

bet it would be like somebody pressing the brake...
every quarter turn of the tire :p

The do look mean as hell...
Tho' heavy slugs I'll bet.

shit... bet muh junk would throw a rod
trying to muster up enough rev's to sling any mud outta those lugs

Let's see ya fit 'em on 'dere :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
NICE!!!!!

Have fun with the grinder. :cool:

:saw:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
they wont be that bad to fit. i had a 35 10.5 (just as wide as my 35 12.5 km2's:confused:) as a spare for my tacoma and it fit just fine. after i tubbed enough to fit a normal 37 12.5 tire:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
they wont be that bad to fit. i had a 35 10.5 (just as wide as my 35 12.5 km2's:confused:) as a spare for my tacoma and it fit just fine. after i tubbed enough to fit a normal 37 12.5 tire:D
This guy. :rolleyes: lol

Got a link or pics or something for when you did that? If you're tubbing, might as well go big right? :cool:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
This guy. :rolleyes: lol

Got a link or pics or something for when you did that? If you're tubbing, might as well go big right? :cool:
i didnt take any pictures during it i just started cutting and welding and busted out both sides from start to finish in about 3.5 hours including doin the fender work. idk why people make it a big deal, hell it was the first time using a mig for me and it was straight forward. take the coilover out and mashes the tire to the bumpstop and dont stop cutting till u can turn full lock both ways. i never really planned on running a 37, but i had one to use so thats what i did all my fitment with to be sure i would NEVER rub with my 35's. still rubbed the frame, but nothing u can do about that unless u get different wheels and mine stuck out far enough so i sucked it up and let them rub at full lock when partially compressed

·
Registered
418 Posts
I ran these about two years ago on my old old susp. and 15" enkies. I had a 3 inch coil spacer and i am sure the springs had sagged some. Put it this way, the coil spacer was a 3 inch lift, and when i installed my new toytec coilovers set at 2.5'' my truck sat one inch higher than it use too. measuring to the fender wells. so Roughly with 1.5'' of lift and stock 15'' enkies i fit 34x10.50s for about a year. They are heavy and pushed my 2.7 down to ab 15mpg but I had stock gears back then too. But great tires. They also wore pretty well also.

Good luck with them.

PS not saying they didnt rub but it wasnt bad driving with milddd offroading

·
Registered
164 Posts
x2 or 3 or whatever on posting pics once you get em on your truck... the LTBs are the best swampers IMO, and theres somethin about swampers on an IFS Taco that just looks coool.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Iv gotta figure out how many BBs to throw in there. I'm thinking between 4-6ozs. Picked up some tire spoons today, so as soon as the wheels get here I'll get em mounted up.

Pics to come...

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You'll love them. I loved my tsls when I ran then (q78-16, 36x11). Firewall tubbing, fender trimming and some spacers up front will likely be in your future.

Fwiw - my bias ply tsls were the best tire I ever ran offroad. Loved them so much I just ordered another set I found to replace my brand new kevlars.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
You'll love them. I loved my tsls when I ran then (q78-16, 36x11). Firewall tubbing, fender trimming and some spacers up front will likely be in your future.

Fwiw - my bias ply tsls were the best tire I ever ran offroad. Loved them so much I just ordered another set I found to replace my brand new kevlars.
Amen brother!! I miss mine bad. I can tell you this, it's hard to compare anything else after running a bias TSL.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I DD my taco. Obviously they're bias, they're loud, kinda rough and flat spots in the morning. But all in all they really weren't that bad at all. Guys that drove my truck thought it drove just fine once the tires warmed up. After they get warm its just the noise that's noticable.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Agree with the above. Mine weren't that bad but some people can't even tolerate a standard radial mud terrain tire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn theses things are loud. But I love em. Driving around town, even with 8ozs of BBs, I still cant ever get them to balance out. Needless to say its like driving a tractor :xrocker:

Took her out and flexed it to see where I needed to trim....(front needed a lot, rear didnt need any)

(front passenger side)

(rear driver side)

So after a lot of trimming to the inner fender, and beating the hell outta the pinch weld, it doesnt rub unless its at full lock and fully compressed. So no rubbing on the street...

Very happy with the new tires:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Just FYI, the only chance you'll have a balancing them is to have them balanced the traditional way first then add the bb's. 4-6 oz is not nearly enough for a 65 lb tire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts