1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I am not going to make this one because of life and it sucks. :( But hey if I sell my suburban I have permission to buy a lift before we build the house. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99TanTaco said:
Do we need to register somewhere for this event? I looked breifly and didn't see anything

nope

ohio03trdtaco, why would you need a lift to come?
you can go all over this park in stock form and have fun.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
shoope1 said:
nope

ohio03trdtaco, why would you need a lift to come?
you can go all over this park in stock form and have fun.
I don't need the lift to go trust in budbuilt, and cbi. :D I have to save up to get a house built, plus my wife started a new job and I don't realy want to go with out her. The lift is just been something I have been thinking about for awhile and am going to try to get it on before all my bolts end up like Terry's. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohio03trdtaco said:
I don't need the lift to go trust in budbuilt, and cbi. :D I have to save up to get a house built, plus my wife started a new job and I don't realy want to go with out her. The lift is just been something I have been thinking about for awhile and am going to try to get it on before all my bolts end up like Terry's. :D

understood.

priorities..... understood too

you could win that lift here at this event... :)

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
I am not going to make this one because of life and it sucks. :( But hey if I sell my suburban I have permission to buy a lift before we build the house. :D
whats wrong eric?
I still love ya :p

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
what lift/how much lift are you wanting?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
SuperPoser said:
what lift/how much lift are you wanting?
Full OME set-up including new rear leaf packs. Tires are going to stay the same till these wear out. After my current 265/70/r16's wear out I may step up to something bigger depends on clearance. I know Terry has some problems with the 33's even with the body lift so that is a wait and see item.

No mall crawer on 49's that I know. I can't do a drop bracket with out ditching the budbuilts, and they are staying.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
Full OME set-up including new rear leaf packs. Tires are going to stay the same till these wear out. After my current 265/70/r16's wear out I may step up to something bigger depends on clearance. I know Terry has some problems with the 33's even with the body lift so that is a wait and see item.

No mall crawer on 49's that I know. I can't do a drop bracket with out ditching the budbuilts, and they are staying.
what is the OME 3"?
you can fit some Bogger 35x10.50's under that hehe
on a serious note...
my 285/75R16 on stock rims did rub on the frame a bit at full lock...
my 34x10.50 ltbs rub on the plastic as I turn, but a utility knife took care of that...

if you want no rubbing at all... a ss 32x9.50 would work...
any 265/75R16 would probably be ok with no rubbing as well...

probably staying <33" dia, and < 11" width will keep you from rubbing if I had to guess...

but really, who cares about a little rubbing :p

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Yeah it is only going to be about a 2.5" to 3" lift so I figure the tires I have now will be just fine. I don't know if it my TRD suspenssion or all the extra wieght on my truck but I seem to smack every little rock on the trail. Not that hitting little rocks with my skid plates is a big deal it just gets a little tireing in the cab to hear it pinging all the time. Also found out at painted rock the extra weight is holding me down in the mud makeing it alot harder and need more skinny to get threw, plus my skids were dragging in ever rut. It isn't a big deal if I don't get the lift but just be nice to have. Oh and the most important thing is I might be able to get into summit's show and shine without a hassle. :D

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I had my stock tires for a year with my 3" cornfed lift (which I think may be more like 2" now...lol)
and I am right now back to stock size tire with my lift...

if you get an m/t when you do get new tires, you will get through mud a lot easier!

as for hitting every single rock... with a suspension lift, and a little bigger tires, you will hit a lot less..
I still hit often, but the ltbs are nice for getting me over/through stuff...

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Thank for fixing it Mike I should have shut up but it was just easier to post back in that thread. I will keep my mucking out of that other thread now.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
Thank for fixing it Mike I should have shut up but it was just easier to post back in that thread. I will keep my mucking out of that other thread now.
:rofl:
I was the one who started the hyjack...lol
so I figured I had better fix it...lol

so... how soon till the chevy sells so you can get the lift and 35s :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
9 Participants
RedRunnertc
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing