TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am back. I was gone for 4 years. Sold the Tacoma for an Accord. The accord was recently totaled so I went back to good old Toyota and boy how I missed having a truck.

So I purchased a used 2007 Tundra crewmax with the 5.7. The stock tires are getting low on tread so I ordered a 3/1 ready lift. The company says it will clear 35" tires as long as they are not wider than 11.50. My factory aluminium wheels are 18". The only thing I have found close is the Toyo 285/75r18 E rated tires (approx 35x11.2). The only thing I don't like about these tires is they are E rated and going to be stiff and also heavy. My factory tires are about 40 lbs each. The toyos are over 60lbs each. That's a significant increase in rotating mass.

Now I know that with a larger tire, weight will increase, but a lot of that weight is due to the E rating. Does anyone know of a 34" or 35" tire that is 11.50 or more narrow that has a P, C or even D rating? I would like to keep the factory 18" wheels but I am not completely opposed to swaping wheel size if needed to keep the whole weight down.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone running 35's???

I am looking for a 34 to 35in tire with around 11.50 width or less... the lighter the better (no E rated tires). If you run anything close to this, please post both size and brand.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone running 35's???

If you are running a tire larger than 33", please post brand and size (metric or standard). I am looking for a tire close to 35" but 11.50 or narrower.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im running 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s. Amazing tires but have to do a lot of modding and cutting in order to get them to fit.

·
Registered
438 Posts

35x12.50R15 Goodyear wranglers

Cut fender and cut back firewall

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Was running 315/75-16 maxxis bighorns on stock wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers and roughly 2.5 lift. Had to trim the fenders, cut the hell out of the body mount and beat back the pinch weld/firewall for them to fit at full stuff/full lock

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I am looking for a 34 to 35in tire with around 11.50 width or less... the lighter the better (no E rated tires). If you run anything close to this, please post both size and brand.
This isn't early Tacoma tech... Post in the correct section for the best chance of getting your question answered.

http://ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mickey Thompson Baja Mtz 315/75-16
34.5" overall diameter
11.9" section width
9.8" tread width
on 16x8 mojave's with 4.5BS

Plan on cutting a lot...

·
Registered
258 Posts
First of hello felow Texan. Just down the road from you in NW Houston. 2nd I run load E tires (265-75-16s) on my 02 Tacoma and love them. Kelly safari TSRs I keep air pressures at 35-40 lbs and can't complain about the ride. They're suppose to be 59 lbs each(factory 265-70-16s look to be 40 lbs each so similar weight difference). I get 17-18 mpg in the city with good driving habits. Don't let the load range fool you. E's ride fine with correct air pressure.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A 60 pound 35 isn't bad at all and the e rating are worth it especially for doing towing and what not. Hell my 37s weigh in at 87 pounds a tire ... Just a thought in all honesty I'd run the 285/75r18s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts