TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, where to start, first off i am a new member, but not new to the 4x4 seen.
this is my first toy and i'm ready to lift it.

fabtech or trailmater 6" lift? i'm leaning more toward the fabtech becaude of extra beef. which is your opinion?

will the stock axles put up with 4.56 gears on 35's?
how about 4.88 or 5.29 on 38's?

i'd like to go with the 38" setup but not sure about any breakage problems.

this will be my daily driver so i want to do it right, it will probably see some trailing on weekends, mudholes once or twice a month and some rock crawling not too often.

i'm not really really hardcore, but would like to eventually become pretty active.

i'm capable of doing most of the work myself. the only thing i'm not sure of is gear setup so im not worried about any installation.

bottom line is breakage factor between what it takes to go 35' or 38's.....
any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks everyone!

·
Registered
296 Posts
basically alot of people on here say the max you should run on IFS is 35's and at that a lot will even say that 33's is the max you wan to go. I would say that since you plan on keeping your IFS that you should stick with the 35's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah I say 35's max with IFS.
Gears depends on your motor/transmission, If you have the V6 with auto I would use 4.88s w/ 35's

·
Registered
288 Posts
I run 35's on IFS and would definately say it's the max size to run, if you wheel it, but expect to break an axle every once in a while. If your a street queen then the sky's the limit on tire size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts