TTORA Forum banner

35's tearing it up

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BruceTS 
SKUUT said:
bump debumpdump

While I have never broken a CV with my 35s, I carry two around at all times. Also my bearings and ball joints are just fine as well.

Something no one mentioned is steering. SAY GOODBYE to your power steering system. It may just be me, or a fluke, but I have not had any luck with steering my steering system since putting on 35s. Everything else is fine, but it seems right now anywhere that can leak is leaking, so it's disconnected. Lucky I have the 2.7 so I can just take off the one belt other wise I'd be screwed.

I recommend a HUGE power steering cooler at least. If you can make a larger capacity reseviour it will also help but a COOLER on the power steering fluid return line is a NECESSITY with 35s. I think Rob Cannon or The Dick is using an aluminum heat sink style with a built in filter which is what I recommend over the "tube and fin" style because it doesn't need much airflow to work well, and has a filter.

I don't want anyone to go through the shit I have with my steering because it gets annoying an expensive. Get a HUGE cooler when you go with 35s.

Puckett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.