TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to everyone out there that asks the same old question. Yes it can be done and here is how I did it...2000 taco v6 trd to start with. front lift has 2.5 ome struts and a 3/4" spacer on top of the strut. total lift came out to 3". Rear is stock but I have plans for a 1" longer shackel. The tires Im running are 33-12.5-15, Im running them on the stock 15-7" wheels but Im also using a 1.5" wheels spacer on the front to clear the uca, all you need is 1" but I had the 1.5s layin around. Last but not least you need a sledge hammer and a body saw cut about an 1" out of the lower fender near fire wall and pounded back the pinch weld as much as possible. Tires clear fine at full bump while straight but do rub a little when at full bump and turnig, not enough to hurt anything though. rear clears fine with no cutting what so ever.

Nick

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what its not gonna hurt anything...its just like havin a 13.5 on a 8" rim and thats normal to see, theres no differance. since you think its so funny explain to me what its gonna do.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
im thinking about doing the same thing. what did you use to cut the front fender? it looks clean. ill probably just use my grinder with a cutoff wheel
oh does it rub in the rear at full compression?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
used a body saw and the rear clears fine with no cutting but its damn close...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
85yotapro said:
used a body saw and the rear clears fine with no cutting but its damn close...
ok thanks. ill probably have to do a little more pounding and cutting since my rims are 3.75" backspacing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts