TTORA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I only have 2 pics that Avi didn't post. I put the white body on the lifted frame while Avi was at a wedding in New York so I went out and played a little after I got it all buttoned up

It was stuck in these, 2wd and open rear. I had to go get my 4Runner to pull it off this mound :eek:

·
Registered
422 Posts
It just needs diffs lol
I pulled the front when I got home today, it's all cleaned up with the extra bracketry removed. I'll weld the armor and truss on after work tomorrow then pull it apart and start the elcoker retro.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I pulled the front when I got home today, it's all cleaned up with the extra bracketry removed. I'll weld the armor and truss on after work tomorrow then pull it apart and start the elcoker retro.
Awesome!
So you will be locked by the Spring Fling then!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe, I need pinion shims for both diffs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About how you swapped

Hi,
I have 4 runner whose frame may have seen better days. I am interested in at least removing the body and fixing the frame or swapping. Can you tell me what I need to do that job and the procedure please. I do not have access to the lift, but I guess I can find one.
Thanks bud.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry for no response, I haven't been getting notifications from this site in a very long time.
I think you may have contacted me on other forums, I am not sure, It is not a very easy task to remove the body from the frame without a lift.

If you are still monitoring this, any pictures of your frame, where exactly is the rust located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also wanted to give a big shout out and thank you to Zach for helping me out with this swap, from going to get the donor all the way up to helping get them sitting the way they are now, with out him, I'd be up shits creek.

The plan for now is just to wheel that one, and since I am towing it up instead of driving I feel I can beat on it a little more and not have to worry about the consequences since my other 4Runner is still drive-able.

Zach and I have talked, he thinks I should ditch body all together, get some tube, make a frame throw some seats and a wheel in it and go, maybe throw some 37s on eventually.

I myself have jumped around with many ideas of my own and am starting to settle on an idea of my own of keeping at least the fire wall and floor board up to the b pillar and thne just adding tube around it and then wheeling it that way.

With the body off, I could conceivably trailer this thing with my 4Runner to and from Rausch or where ever I decided to go wheeling, I would just have to get the tundra brakes switched over and get a larger trans cooler for my 4Runner.
How much would you charge to do this swap for me?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts