TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ric Glenn and i are removing my diff's this weekend to get re-geared to 4.88's (almost a year with 35's and 4.33 gears was enough)and i was wondering if anyone has a good write up one removing the front. I have been givin a verbal description by the one setting my gears but i would like to have something on paper just in-case. I searched google and such and haven't been able to find any good write-ups so if there are any good ones out there I would love the see them.

Thanks,

Bobby

(1996 4runner 3.4 with add)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
So you have your 2 front mounts that have the big bushings. Then you have a hex head bolt going straight up through where the back of the diff rests on a crossmember. Then on top you have a vacuum line (or 2?) and an electrical plug. How you remove that stuff is kinda up to you... You need to start by removing skid plates, front driveshaft and CV shafts. Then its just those 3 bolts and a wrestling match. Hope this helps. I'm not too great about explaining procedure... It took me (us) about 3.5 hours to pull my front diff. But most of that was the wrestling match with first my CVs, then frozen bolts, then the diff itself.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Plasma cutter to all the suspension components and brackets, grind away smooth and hang solid axle :D

Sorry, I'm no help.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Are you guys working on your 4runner up in the Fort? If so I might be able to help if you need it. I don't know if you guys are working on it out side or not but you could use part of the heated garage if you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts