TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to make a gas cap holder for 3rd Gen Tacoma's (2016-2022). Right now 3rd gen only has a tether cable that you have to let the gas cap rest against the paint. I am looking for someone to provide me some dimensions of the gas flap door and the gas cap itself so I can modify my design to work. Would be happy to send you a prototype of the holder in exchange for some photos installed.

Need the dimensions of the inner gas cap door recess, width of opening, thickness on top gap, thickness on bottom gap
Need the dimensions of the gas cap diameter, internal of threads and external of the threads.

Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Digital camera

·
Registered
2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad
25 Posts
Hello, I am looking to make a gas cap holder for 3rd Gen Tacoma's (2016-2022). Right now 3rd gen only has a tether cable that you have to let the gas cap rest against the paint. I am looking for someone to provide me some dimensions of the gas flap door and the gas cap itself so I can modify my design to work. Would be happy to send you a prototype of the holder in exchange for some photos installed.

Need the dimensions of the inner gas cap door recess, width of opening, thickness on top gap, thickness on bottom gap
Need the dimensions of the gas cap diameter, internal of threads and external of the threads.

View attachment 62285
Hello Risky Rick,

I grabbed the dimensions for you. Let me know if i can help with anything else!
1.Gas Inner Door Bottom Right
2. Gas Inner Door Bottom Left
3. Inner Gas Cap Diameter
4. Inner Gas Cap Diameter (2)
5. Inner Gas Cap Depth
6. Gas Inner Door Top
7. Gas Inner Door Top to Bottom
Motor vehicle Tape measure Font Bicycle part Vehicle registration plate

Motor vehicle Font Material property Gas Automotive exterior

Office ruler Automotive tire Automotive lighting Measuring instrument Temperature

Automotive lighting Tread Automotive tire Office ruler Temperature

Circuit component Finger Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component

Tape measure Motor vehicle Font Measuring instrument Automotive lighting

Product Ruler Tool Office ruler Gas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts