TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have destroyed most of the internals in the 3rd member of my 1998 4Runner and I need another one soon. This is my daily driver and I am in a bind. Does anyone have a 3rd member with 4.11 gears that they want to sell for a reasonable price. I would prefer the locking version (I realize the housing will need to be modified) but I would consider an open version as well. I am located in Maine. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey cruiser, I have a tacoma TRD rear with 4.10's that I just pulled out of my truck. It had a little to much backlash and preload for my liking at 115K so I bought a spare with 100K on here for $500 and swapped them out. I'd like to get $450 shipped, I think all that will need to be done is to check all the bearing preloads and reset the backlash (which is a sinch on the TRD rear) and I think it will be good to go. E-mail me at [email protected] for anymore details...it was all cleaned out in an agitine cleaner and stored in a lubed bag so rust wouldn't get in it...but it is clean and pretty much good to go from what I could see.

·
Registered
741 Posts
yeah sorry, he said it was a third member but then he changed it to a carrier...

Austin

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I don't think the Tacoma 3rd will fit in my housing. Thanks though...
the tacoma 3rd member will fit if u have the skills to modify your axle housing on the runner to accept the 3rd member. there is a link here on the board somewhere explaining in detail how.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
will you give me 200 plus shipping? i'll put it in a bucket and ship it ground. LMK PM me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts