TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a little extra HP, Header and Exhaust...
Out of curiousity are there any TTORA members with this system from LC Engineering?

3RZ Exhaust System Pre-Runner Style (Exits in front of rear wheel) (95-03) Fits all Tacoma 4WD & 2WD Pre-Runners w/Standard Cab or Extra-Cab Short Bed Pickups

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just ordered this for my 97. I'll let you know how it looks.

I'm thinking the only draw back would be you might have problems installing nerf bars or sliders. It comes out on the passenger side, right before the rear tire.

Here is a link to view better photos - www.lcengineering.com/1042020/

Because they didn't have the other one in stock, they gave me 5% off the price.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
don't expect too much hp out of headers and exhaust...gains are minimal without a S/C

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ohh I know I won't have any major change...

Since I'm doing a engine rebuild, my exhaust manifold is cracked, and the rest of the exhaust system is shot, I thought why not put a hi flow set up on it to get the most the 2.7 has to offer. In my opinion, S/C isn't worth the $$. If I was going to do something like that, it would be a turbo set up with air and fuel mods.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ordered it, received it, doesn't fit... Apparantely it was designed for a single cat. system. when I placed the order over the phone I informed the sales person that I had a '04 2.7 reg. cab PreRunner w/double cats. The problems that I ran into, the bung is facing inward, on my truck it would need to face outward (the sensor wire runs along the frame, not enough slack to flip to the other side). The pipe in front of the muffler (w/bung) is about 7-8" too long, the exit is in the rear tire.

Just out of curiousity, what would some of you guys do? I can send it back for a refund -shipping, go to a local muffler house to see what they can do to make something like that. Or I can cut it up and make it work, I do have the ability and access to pull this off. I was just thinking after spending $380.00 w/shipping, I shouldn't have to go thru the trouble.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Pre-Runner Exhaust

2Tense said:
Well, I ordered it, received it, doesn't fit... Apparantely it was designed for a single cat. system. when I placed the order over the phone I informed the sales person that I had a '04 2.7 reg. cab PreRunner w/double cats. The problems that I ran into, the bung is facing inward, on my truck it would need to face outward (the sensor wire runs along the frame, not enough slack to flip to the other side). The pipe in front of the muffler (w/bung) is about 7-8" too long, the exit is in the rear tire.

Just out of curiousity, what would some of you guys do? I can send it back for a refund -shipping, go to a local muffler house to see what they can do to make something like that. Or I can cut it up and make it work, I do have the ability and access to pull this off. I was just thinking after spending $380.00 w/shipping, I shouldn't have to go thru the trouble.

I'd give em' a call and tell em to take care of it, at no extra cost to yourself. ESPECIALLY since you were told it WOULD fit. Tell em' to make it snappy too, LOL! Good luck, Wes

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would give them so much shit, they'd give the damn thing to me. Call them up and bitch like there is no tomorrow.

After you give them shit (or before)...take it to the muffler shop and have the muffler shop copy the design. Have them fab it up and send the POS back to LC Engineering.

All I have to say is mine better fit without any problems...I'm not so worried about the bung locations as I am the EGR location on the header (LC Engineering design)...I'm not confident it will line up exactly. It had better though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sucks what happened, they are respectable fellows though. Give them a call and remember respect gets respect. They may not be aware of the problem and need to change their product line. As for the set I recieved. They were fine. They fit with the factory seal (included), The EGR was perfect, and the flow is definitely increased. To maximize you'll need some other power adders. They are 50 state legal. My only complaint is that the coating will only last till you install them and scratch the hell out of them sliding them up there. You should relocate the oil filter as mine liked to melt being 1/4" away.

Headers are by no means perfect, no matter who makes them. They are a bitch to install, they almost always require some modification, and they can make your life miserable. That can all be resolved when you hammer the throttle for the first time after break in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the oil filter relocation. I'll buy a kit and relocate it when I get the truck back. Do you know of a good place to mount it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I haven't mounted mine yet. I am hoping to get it either in the wheel well, or down the frame some. I'm reluctant to put it forward by the bumper as a small fender bender could result in catastrofic oil loss. Maybe just in front of the strut on the frame in between A arms?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Try Summit or J.C. Whitney... I haven't gotten mine yet because I don't have my truck back from the shop yet. I just hope there's a good spot for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts