TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping a 3RZ coil pack from a 1999 manual transmission truck to a 1995 3RZ automatic truck. The engine from the 1999 had complete wiring harness and I have the ECU also, but while disconnecting the 3RZ from the 1995, it has an additional plug that the 1999 doesn't have. If I continue with the replacement by installing the 1999 3RZ and ECU, it will not have the additional plug. The additional plug is grey, what is it for, how can I complete installation? This is my first taco engine swap!! Thanks

·
Administrator
18,301 Posts
Can you be any more vague about the plug? There are dozens of gray plugs in the wiring harness. Where is the plug located? Was it connected?

Another potential issue - are you swapping over the transmission or are you trying to use a manual ECU on an auto truck?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am swapping a 3RZ coil pack from a 1999 manual transmission truck to a 1995 3RZ automatic truck. The engine from the 1999 had complete wiring harness and I have the ECU also, but while disconnecting the 3RZ from the 1995, it has an additional plug that the 1999 doesn't have. If I continue with the replacement by installing the 1999 3RZ and ECU, it will not have the additional plug. The additional plug is grey, what is it for, how can I complete installation? This is my first taco engine swap!! Thanks
Clarification. You said swap coil packs from 1999 to 1995. Both year trucks have distributors, never coil packs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Distributors were used from 95-97 on the 3RZ. Should be coil packs on 98-up.
Ok! OP maybe doing engine swap, I don’t know.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts