TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to this forum looking for answers im usually on tacomaworld, but not many people are able to help so im reaching out. My headgasket went on my 96 tacoma 2.7l 3RZ it has been burning oil before headgasket so when it went i decided to go looking for another 3rz. I found a 3rz jdm motor, and i have yet to install it but been researching problems and such. i know you have to change oil pan, oil sump, all sensors, accesories from orginal motor to jdm. My main concern is i dont know what year the 3rz came out of and it has the hole for the distrubter and gearing, but has the cam shaft sensor on the head? my orginial 3rz didnt have that. So im assuming it was a dual coil pack converted into distrbutior? if i install everything over and plug it all in. Will leaving that cam shaft sensor unplugged be a problem because on my distrubitor is has a cam shaft sensor built into it so its not needed. Thanks !

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m interested. If your ECU is for the US spec motor I would wire it up the same as the one removed as best as possible.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
I've never heard of a 3RZ with both a milled port and gearing for the distributor and the cam shaft sensor. I've always know the 2 to be mutually exclusive. I swapped my 3RZ years ago and was lucky enough to find one with a distributor so I didn't have to swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts