TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the title may surprise many people, but I am in search of a 3VZ-E. Mine locked up on me last week. From the sound it seemed like a rod was knocking.
If anyone has purchased the 3.Slow locally, whether it is remanufactured or not, where did you get it? Or if anyone here has rebuilt or had their 3VZ-E rebuilt by a shop, who did it? I've seen some ads on CL in the Atlanta area selling reman's for around $1800. Online sources seem to be around the same ballpark before core charges and shipping. I've also looked into the master rebuild kit from engnbldr. He seems to have the best prices for parts.
I am located northeast in the Helen area if that makes any difference.

Side note: I know most will say to do the 5VZ-FE swap. It's not happening for now. I've looked into the pricing and it really seems to get steep. Don't get me wrong - I would love to have it, but I don't believe it's in the cards for me at this time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
When I looked into this a few years ago I found a shop in Braselton that I was going to use. They seemed decent on the phone, comparable cost, local enough that I could go directly there to avoid shipping cost (and go there in person again if I wasn't happy afterwards) . Can't remember the name of the place. Hopefully someone else might chime in and be able to help.

Good luck Dude!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have one that probably needs head gaskets it ran when it was pulled, shoot me a offer. Only catch is I am located in orange park "north FL" 32073. So it might not be worth it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts