TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checked through some posts and have done a search about idle problems for some of the trucks and have my own bit of a problem. after my truck has been running approx 5-10min when coming to a stop at idle, it likes to sit and the idle is all screwed up. goes from about 1k 1.5k constantly up and down up and down, not being content and idle at a constant speed.

i'm planning on cleaning my MAF, plugs and wires (as they prolly havn't been cleaned or even checked in a while), and was just wondering if there's anything else you guys would reccomend doing while i'm at it? the belts and such are good. i was almost thinking that the weird idle might be caused by semi clogged injectors? maybe fuel filter clogged? should i go ahead and change the fuel filter? also, how would i go about cleaning the injectors? or even check them to see if they are clogged?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same problem about a 2 months ago, buy some electronics cleaner and clean the MAF. If the problem persists after you clean the maf clean the throttle body. It went away after I cleaned the MAF and then I cleaned the throttle body just for shits and giggles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts