TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is going to rub there no matter what I do so I am looking at which offset sucks the wheel in more. I always get confused with this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Bigger number is closer to frame/engine. Lower number sticks out of the fender.

SinCityTaco said:
I know it is going to rub there no matter what I do so I am looking at which offset sucks the wheel in more. I always get confused with this.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. So am I correct to think that the 4.25 or 4.5 will give me a little more tolerance, or will that cause other problems like rubbage on the a arm?

·
Registered
636 Posts
4.5 or 4.25 should give you a lot more room.

Regarding the rubbing on the UCA, I guess it really depends on the tire size. 05+ stock wheels are typically 5.5" BS, so if you're going with a 4.5 or 4.25 I wouldn't think you'd have any UCA rubbing issues unless you run a really wide tire.

To better understand, what size tire are you talking about?

SinCityTaco said:
Thank you. So am I correct to think that the 4.25 or 4.5 will give me a little more tolerance, or will that cause other problems like rubbage on the a arm?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hmm... I'm not sure if they will rub or not. Someone else will need to chime in.

Good luck,
AC
SinCityTaco said:
285/75/16 terragrapplers or 285/70/17 terragrapplers

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
In concern to the cab mount I have your solution. I had my frame mount cut and plated to provide clearnace for larger tires. It cost me $140 here in town to have it done. Since your in Las Vegas its Ted Wiens Custom 4x4. Tell them Matt sent you and they will do your truck just like mine. If you want to see pics let me know or I could show you the truck in person. Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
ajax
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing