TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WANTED

I am looking for 4 to 6 stock aluminum TRD 16" rims from the 01-04 years. I am in Ontario, however I am in Charlotte, NC area in June... and often through the year...

They don't have to be in great condition, just not warped.
5 are going to be painted black anyways....

not interested in any with rubber...

·
Registered
531 Posts
not interested in any with rubber...
That's a bummer. . . . . I've got five that only have 14k miles and one mild wheelin trip. . . . But they have the stock BFG A/Ts on them. . . . would you still be interested?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they the rugged trails or AT's?

if they you wanna breakem down and send the rims only I will jump on them....

·
Registered
531 Posts
The tires are whatever come stock. (I forgot which.) . . .

I would prefer to sell the tires on the rims so I could avoid the cost of pulling them off and also the hassle of selling bare tires to someone. . . .

Do you want to make me an offer on the set with the tires? . . . I was originally asking $600 for all five. . .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no interest in the tires.

·
Registered
531 Posts
How much would you offer for the rims?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
250 shipped

all five are the aluminum TRD's?

200 shipped if it is just the four...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sorry man, I don't think it would be worth it once I paid to have the tires removed from the wheels and to pay for shipping. . . . I hope I didn't waste your time. . . .

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ok, I was thinking about it, and to be honest, I really wanna get rid of these things . . . . So how about $250 for all five but you pay shipping? (The tires would still be on them so you would need to take them off, or you could pay for me to have them taken off at a local tire shop.) . . . . Interested?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
531 Posts
I can try to get shipping prices. . . . But I don't know the weight of each rim without the tire. . . .

Anyhow, I'm thinking that it will cost about $20-$30 to have the tires removed. Then shipping is gonna be at least $60 if not more. . . . So really you're talking about my selling the rims for around $150. . . . Doesn't that seem a bit too low for a set of five excellent condition stock 16" rims? . . .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can try to get shipping prices. . . . But I don't know the weight of each rim without the tire. . . .

Anyhow, I'm thinking that it will cost about $20-$30 to have the tires removed. Then shipping is gonna be at least $60 if not more. . . . So really you're talking about my selling the rims for around $150. . . . Doesn't that seem a bit too low for a set of five excellent condition stock 16" rims? . . .
Hang on to the tires and post em somewhere to get some cash...

I am working on $50 a rim. If the shipping is not too much, I might be able to bump it up a bit to help cover that. If it doesn't work out for you, just get rid of them locally. I won't be offended. There are tons of these wheels out there, some are probably closer....

I'll try to get a weight...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yup, you're right. . . . I just deflated and weighed the wheel in my garage and it came to 60lbs. According to tirerack the tire is 37lbs. . . . so that means the rim is indeed about 22lbs. . . .

I just called the local tire shop and they said removing the tires should be about $25-$30. . .

By the way, the fifth wheel is the stock spare rim which doesn't look like the other four. I think it's steel, not aluminum alloy. Would you still want it?

I called the local post office store and they said shipping would be $100 for the 4 rims. It would be FedEx (4 days).

So if we were to go $50/rim + shipping + dismounting that would be $330 . . . Would you be willing to do $300?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yup, you're right. . . . I just deflated and weighed the wheel in my garage and it came to 60lbs. According to tirerack the tire is 37lbs. . . . so that means the rim is indeed about 22lbs. . . .

I just called the local tire shop and they said removing the tires should be about $25-$30. . .

By the way, the fifth wheel is the stock spare rim which doesn't look like the other four. I think it's steel, not aluminum alloy. Would you still want it?

I called the local post office store and they said shipping would be $100 for the 4 rims. It would be FedEx (4 days).

So if we were to go $50/rim + shipping + dismounting that would be $330 . . . Would you be willing to do $300?
I have worked out a deal for 4 rims @ 250 shipped on tundrasolutions.com...

I am leaning towards this, can you match? i wouldn't want the spare steel one...

·
Registered
531 Posts
How about if we meet in the middle. . . . $275 shipped? (That really only leaves me at $145 for the set.)

I can have them dismounted, packed up and shipped today. . . .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How about if we meet in the middle. . . . $275 shipped? (That really only leaves me at $145 for the set.)

if my other deal falls through, i will let you know....

·
Registered
531 Posts
So did you take the other deal?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Check on shipping to 35209 it is a business address, I am interested in all 5 of them. Are they the 5 spoke star wheels? I'll take the tires to.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Check on shipping to 35209 it is a business address, I am interested in all 5 of them. Are they the 5 spoke star wheels? I'll take the tires to.
Yes, they are . . . I will check on shipping for you today. . . . Here's some pics . . .

The tires go for $122 each brand new (on tirerack.com). That's $488 for a set of 4. . . . I figured I would sell them for $225 which is half the price. And I was thinking $50 a piece for the wheels. That would make it $425 for the set plus shipping. . . . Sound fair? . . . I could also throw in the spare wheel and tire for $50. . . .

I'll send you a pm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts