TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have my 99 taco prerunner. Its pretty much a full race truck thats fully caged etc. I finally figured out what to do with the front suspension to beef it up but the last thing is that it has a 2.7l haha. It has jba headers and an intake on it but its still way under powered and i go to the dunes alot. My buddy has a tundra pre runner he is putting an ls1 in and he will sell me his motor/tranny for a killer deal. I will get ac/power steering/starter/ecu/harness/manifolds etc. And since I know him, if something is missing i can go grab it ha. So my question is, how hard will this be? I am not worried about my speedo or any of that being retained, or for that matter heat or ac (although those would be nice). I think it would be easier as it is basically a race truck and i am not worried about any creature feature retainage.

Before someone says it, yes i searched and found some threads but they were all half erased with no pics so they were hard to follow. If I have all the parts what would a shop likely charge to install it if i got fed up but had everything removed??

Thx in advance!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I dropped the 4.7L in my 98. It was a royal pain in the ass. If it's a race truck i recommend a chevy v8 for two reasons. 1. It's a simple installs and a lot of people have done it. 2. Parts come a lot cheaper, and are more readily available.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dropped the 4.7L in my 98. It was a royal pain in the ass. If it's a race truck i recommend a chevy v8 for two reasons. 1. It's a simple installs and a lot of people have done it. 2. Parts come a lot cheaper, and are more readily available.
what chevy v8 are you referring to? I have no problem doing a chevy instead of a toyota motor, I love chevy. Is there any threads or anywhere you could point me to for info on a chevy swap? What tranny is common to run?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'd run the 6.0L vortec and a 4L80e. There are threads all over, but I don't have any links to them. If your 4wd I believe there are adapter plates to run Toyota transmissions, and transfer cases.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts