TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd question here when driving my 01' tundra i hear this whistling noise at about 3,000 rpms and higher I am thinking it is the intake sucking air but I am not sure I put a K&N drop in in it but i noticed this before that and i just don't know what it is or if it is normal. My friend laughs every time it does it and says, "oh boy your turbo is spooling again." obviously its not a turbo but it whistles like a dam diesel.:confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I wish but he knows thats not the case and he will be buying that for his 08' as soon as they decide to release it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you buy it used? Maybe the previous owner put in a throttle body spacer . I bought mine with one and thats what it would do.. I took it off as soon as I got home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This drove me nuts as well. I dedicated a day to locating the issue.
It turned out that it was caused by the Drivers side mirror.
The gap between the mirror and the mounting arm. I put a piece of tape over it and it cleared right up.
Did not like the tape so i live with the noise.

·
Registered
327 Posts
mine whistles as well....I seen your 2 videos on youtube T dunn, you and your buddy with the 08 really beat the piss outta your rigs by the looks of things :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine whistles as well....I seen your 2 videos on youtube T dunn, you and your buddy with the 08 really beat the piss outta your rigs by the looks of things :D
Hell yes and thats why we both drive toyotas because they take the beating and ask for more every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts