TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the front driveshaft different from a 4 cylinder pickup to a v6? I bought a truck and the front driveshaft was laying in the bed not installed, and when I tried to put it on today, the holes on the shaft don't line up with the holes on the transfer case. Could the kid possibly have given me a 4 cylinder driveshaft instead of a v6?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I did end up drilling out the holes, and got the driveshaft on.... But when I tried to back it up, the driveshaft binded up on the joint off of the transfer case. My truck has an SAS on it, and 5 inches of lift. I am guessing that is why it is binding up! Time for a custom front driveshaft???

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
The CV on the IFS shafts doesn't operate at much of an angle. You need to grind out the connector bridge a bit to get more angle.... or go high pinion ... or install dual cases ... or get a special front driveshaft made (which you probably need a longer slip yoke anyways)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am living in Elko NV this summer for my job, and there is a driveshaft sompany here that specializes in offroad stuff. I will probably see how much it will cost for them to make one up for me with an extended slip yoke

·
7,735 Posts
A double CV shaft will require rotating the axle so the flange points at the t-case output. That means moving a ton of things on the axle and perhaps more work than the OP intended. It's a good idea, but a bit more involved than just bolting up a different driveshaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts