TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, how do I re-wire the 4wd on an electronic shifting tcase? (2003 Double cab with a solid axle) To operate 4hi when the button is pushed? I've done some research and come up with diddily so far. I read the thread on Pirate about the "4runner mod" but I don't have the same transfer case (not a "J" shift pattern)

TIA

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
www.rocksolidtoys.com wyatt or someone else over there should be able to help you with that problem. On the new tacomas it has something to do with removing the ADD actuator

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Odd, you shouldn't have to rewire anything. I have a 01 with a Pushbutton t-case, and I didn't have to bolt an actuator up or cut any wiring to make the 4wd engage.

I did however cut the wire at the 4wd ECU and run the idiot bulb through the switch so when the switch is on, the 4wd light is on. Regardless, the 4wd system should lock the t-case into 4wd without a front actuator.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Also note I have the "grey wire" mod done, so maybe that will make the t-case engage?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up doing the 2-lo mod and grey wire. Works very well, while doing the 2-lo mod I found the switch wires ripped/worn through. But all is well now and I got to do some snow bashing finally!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts