TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering if anyone knows about a good 4" lift for my 95 tacoma..off sub. i want a 4" susp. 1" body, so i can fit some nice 33. 12.50 or 11.50 (havent quite decied) :eek:

·
Registered
296 Posts
mattstaco said:
im just wondering if anyone knows about a good 4" lift for my 95 tacoma..off sub. i want a 4" susp. 1" body, so i can fit some nice 33. 12.50 or 11.50 (havent quite decied) :eek:
check the pictures in my profile, It's the 4 inch explorer pro-comp lift and I have no complaints with it. Just so you know, it was expensive, probably close to 1700 once all of the "extra" costs were factored in. I run the lift with 33x12.5x15's with 4 inches of backspacing and would only rub on the pinch weld's, I think an 8 inch wheel is the better way to go, or go with the 11.50 tire. It all depends on if you want them to stick out some or not. As for a body lift, go with a rodger brown lift, its high quality and he's great to deal with.

www.explorerprocomp.com
www.4crawler.com

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
mattstaco said:
The Pro-Comp lift is the only true 4" suspension lift available for the Tacoma's. Other drop-bracket lifts include the Tuff Country 5" kit, and the TrailMaster 6" and Fabtech 6" kits.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
IMO i really don't think that the 4" pro-comp lift is *NOT* worth it....i would just save up a little more and get maybe TM or Fabtech...or just go cheap with spacer lift if you don't mind the stiff ride...but i have 3" toytec coilspacers on TRD springs and stock bilsteins and i really don't feel the stiffeness yet...i think it's better than before...but that's just me..i guess.,,

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
mattstaco said:
You should look at the tuff country 5" lift.

·
Registered
951 Posts
04RedLobster said:
...or just go cheap with spacer lift if you don't mind the stiff ride...but i have 3" toytec coilspacers on TRD springs and stock bilsteins and i really don't feel the stiffeness yet..
I too run a 3" spacer with the TRD setup, and I have yet to see where all the "stiff ride" comments come from.

I would say go with a used spacer kit, lots for sale around here, and see if you like the feel. If you are looking for something more complicated with a better ride, then by all means drop some dough and do it right the first time.

Boheefus

·
Registered
951 Posts
04RedLobster said:
how are the dunlop mud tires? i'm thinking about getting those tires...or some BFG A/T KO....Tread life...off-road etc...thanks
they are wearing well and have a nice, grippy tread. My only gripe is that one of them is slightly out of round making for a vibration at speed.

Boheefus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Boheefus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing