TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded for an 89 4 runner and plan on doing the SAS. Before I tackle that, my 3.0 has a hole in the block about the size of a baseball. I have a 2.4(2rz) out of a 96 tacoma and I have the wiring harness. The motor only has 90k on it and was running strong when I wrecked the taco. How much would be involved in putting it into the runner? Also is this worth the time? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
You would need a trans to mate to it like a W series. It would be easier to sell the 2RZ and get a 5vz(3.4L) or a 1UZ(Lexus 4.0L V8) which would be a easier swap.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well, anything is possible depending on your skill level, but like Kyle said... I'd go with the 3.4 swap. Don't forget you need the ECU too.

Hey Kyle, has Sevendust made it back to Atl, GA yet? Saw them in San Diego last week and it killed. First time seeing them with Sonny and they sounded great.

Brian

·
Registered
241 Posts
...I have a 2.4(2rz) out of a 96 tacoma and I have the wiring harness. ...
2.4 would be a 22RE.
Taco 4 cyl is 3RZFE (2.7).
Why not use the Taco tranny?

·
Registered
398 Posts
the "adapter" bell housing is for Rz to r so youd need a R series tranny

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Hey Kyle, has Sevendust made it back to Atl, GA yet? Saw them in San Diego last week and it killed. First time seeing them with Sonny and they sounded great.

Brian
Brian they won't be back in Atlanta until Sept.. I believe. I have hung out with them here in ATL after a few shows and at KOBE's downtown. They generally bring a huge packed house here.

OP: Also I forgot the Marlin Adapter as it only been out a few monthes and most 2nd gens V6s I have seen are running auto A340 series trans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts