TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
40 mph vibration

after -it seems like-hours of search results ,i still dont know...03 excab 4x4 3.4 taco stock lift w/36000 miles--ok I get a vibration in the floor and petals at around 40 mph------only when its cold-like below 30 degrees-only for like 10 miles..Rotated/balanced tires--checked u joints--doesnt matter if i turn left or right same drowning noise. vermmmmmp---------vermmmmmp -----------vermmmmppppp.... What do u think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i would say alignment because it will usually vibrate from about 40 to 60 according to my auto tech teacher. but then again u said it stops after about 10 miles and only does it when its cold.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Tires get flat spots in the cold weather sometimes. They feel like they have a flat spot, then when they warm up as you drive and it goes away. I used to get this when I lived in the snow. This could be your prob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happened even w/my new coopers...I had it w/my old mich pilots.Sounds and feels like a drive bearing--just hope i can find it before problems

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only when it is cold-sounds like normal tire flat spotting. What size tire? What air pressure? Vibrations are caused by a few things-bent rims, out of balance tire, out of round tire, bad tie rod end, bad ball joint,a bad bearing, or depending on the set up-a bad bushing in the suspension. Since it only does it when the tires are cold that would eliminate most of the above. You can easily check your suspension and bearings. Hey guitarman, an alignment will not cause a vibration, it will cause other symptoms such as abnormal tire wear or a pull to one side. Your tech teacher is WRONG, as the vibration wouldn't stop after 10 miles-because the alignment doesn't change as the vehicle is driven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts