TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of (4) 40" LTBs for a 17" rim for sale. These tires are currently not being produced and are very difficult to find used and even harder to find new.

If I were to guess, I'd put them at 65-70% tread. Centers have been grooved in half by previous owner. Even wear and rock rash is not bad.

Tires are currently in Hot Springs, but can be brought as far as Memphis.

Pics after I get home this weekend. I have a tread depth gauge and will use that as well.

$895 OBO

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have some pics to post. I will host them on my photobucket account and then link.

Tread depth is:
(1) 14/32nds
(2) 15/32nds
(1) 16/32nds

I measured a friend's brand new LTBs a couple weeks ago. I measured 22 or 23/32nds in the center of the tread. I will measure again to be sure. This would put the tires at 60% (14/32nds vs. 23/32nds) to 70% (16/32nds vs. 23/32nds)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We all know I over-think stuff and can't let good enough alone...

I've stumbled upon (2) sticky 40s at a good price. Figure I'd sell these while they're at their peak tread and in high demand (not being produced at the moment, and not really sure when they will be). I thought about running (2) stickies and (2) LTBs, but that's just more work than it's worth for me.

Plan is to run the little 34" LTBs and see if I am a decent driver or the SXs were really just that awesome :eek: This will free up some cash to buy (2) more stickies when / if they come available.

I'm tickled pink to run the LTBs and see how they do. I've never run a narrow 10.5" tire before. Diff-draggin' isn't much fun, but I'll just learn to pick better lines. I'll be that guy holding up the pack, now :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures - http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/Jordan7118/For Sale/

All 4

14/32nd - Worst

18/32nd - between outer lug and Chevron

I don't think this is a patch, as the other side was in perfect condition. I'm told manufacturers sometimes add these to get the tire to balance better. Dunno...

This tire has a sidewall that's lost the bite. Planned to run this side to the inside and wouldn't hesitate to run it without worry.

Chevrons cut in half to about half of height

Lots of tread left

1 - 6 of 6 Posts