TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I just got a bare housing out of a 87 wagoneer, crapy knuckles, stock gearing, no shafts, just a rusty housing

If you could rebuild your axle with better parts at a reasonable price, what would you use and where's a good place to get it?

I just want to do it right from the beginning and not replace inferior parts later on :xsmokin1:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Ricks72 said:
Here's the deal, I just got a bare housing out of a 87 wagoneer, crapy knuckles, stock gearing, no shafts, just a rusty housing

If you could rebuild your axle with better parts at a reasonable price, what would you use and where's a good place to get it?

I just want to do it right from the beginning and not replace inferior parts later on :xsmokin1:
For knuckles and steering arms, Parts Mike. For axle shafts, put something better than the stock shafts in there. I just bought a set of Yukon alloy shafts for $309 shipped from PORC. Crane makes a beefy diff cover! For gears, you should be able to find a good shop near you.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah seems like parts mike will probably be gitting a call some time soon-heard lots of good things about him

Now what if money didnt really matter what parts do you guys think you would run?< while still using the dana 44

Thanks for the replies, I think I like the new board :xrocker:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If money didn't matter and I still had to use a waggy 44 .. .
Great Lakes Off Road Diff Cover
Crane Inner Knuckles
Crane Outer Knuckles
Cryo Treated ARB with Cryo Treated 4.88 Gears or 5.38s
Warn axles
CTM 300 M u-joints
SSBC brakes with cross drilled and slotted rotors.
Warn Hubs

Hmmmm, I have some of this stuff, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have called Brian at Front Range Off Road and had him build me one of his killer axles! I still might, but I like my 44 so far.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went all Parts Mike on knuckles arms rods, have Yukon shafts Warn Premium hubs Crane Diff Cover, Lockright. I want CTM's and then I have what I consider the perect set up for me. I thought about 60 outers, but to me its silly spending the mone F'n with a 44 if your that hard on parts go with a full 60.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
BK005 said:
I thought about 60 outers, but to me its silly spending the mone F'n with a 44 if your that hard on parts go with a full 60.
i want to see someone who has went with the 35 spline arb for the D44 and did 60's outers. I seriously thought about going that route but didnt want the ring and pinion to be the weak link, however now i think i have thrown it there anyways :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ricks72 said:

I have Cranes inner knuckles and they are beefy. don't know how they compare to parts mike.
I think with either you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I also second Parts Mike. Great man to do business and quality parts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
BlingTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing