Link it or Leaf it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after not so much twisting of the arm, Pete (Ugly's OK) has convinced me that I "need" to link my samurai with my newly acquired yota axles. With the exception of Charlie and Pete, I think everyone else here (NE OHIO) has leaf sprung rigs. I've downloaded a calc from http://www.patooyee.com/calculators/calculators.htm and started playing with numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of around 101" wheel base and keep it as low as possible. Anywhere from 35-38" tires. I have 6.5:1 tcase gears w/ cradle and a pair of '85 straight axles ready for it.

:saw::welder::saw::welder:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Link atleast the rear. I am happy with my front leafs...they flex ok and the truck is stupid stable but I hate my rear springs with a passion, they dont flex, the axle wrap is killer, ect, ect.

If you have the money...link both, if you want to save a few coins link the rear, leafs up front my [2cents]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Full_Tilt_Fud
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing