TTORA Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have finally got some pics, so here they are. I've got around 1k miles on so far and its doing well. I am still awaiting my fan and some radiator work to make it trail ready though. I will be starting the fab on the bumpers after xmas. The front being another plate bumper with the winch inside and the rear just a standard rectangle tube tapperd at the ends with plate coming around the corner. I will post pics as I move along with those.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Good to see that the swap came together without any major headaches. Are you going to paint this one black like the 1st gen?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No plans for painting at this point. The blcshep thing was more for my truck being the odd one out, more than the color at the time. But it did work well with the black truck too. I got the new radiator today and will install it this weekend. I still havn't recieved my fan:mad:. I'm itching to hit the trails again.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
No bumper pics yet. But was tired of the stereo lacking good sound. So I built some boxes to in the quarter panels. My last box was behind the back seat and took up alot of space. So here is my solution for a pair of 10"s.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Here there are roughly fitted.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The original fan/clutch sat only 3/8 inch from the radiator. Which I thought was to close for comfort. I did some research to find another fan clutch that was shorter in length than the original S10 clutch. Hayden fan products has a huge pdf out there on its fan clutch specifications.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
15 Participants
Lethaljeep
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing