TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
all right so i do a search for a thredon a full size spare mount for a 4runner

for a 94 4-runner

so the question is does any one have a full size spare mount in their 4runner and if they would like the give me idea's on it please post pics

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Ummm, the rear spare mount underneath the 4runner holds a full size spare?
The toyota Trucks/4runners have always come with a full size spare.

Are you referring to a swing- out bumper or tailgate mounted rear spare tire carrier? I have seen them for the early 2nd gen 4 runners (90-91 ish)

Or possibly a hitch mounted spare carrier?
Or do you want to mount it in the interior of the vehicle?
What year/ generation 4runner do you have?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummm, the rear spare mount underneath the 4runner holds a full size spare?
The toyota Trucks/4runners have always come with a full size spare.

Are you referring to a swing- out bumper or tailgate mounted rear spare tire carrier? I have seen them for the early 2nd gen 4 runners (90-91 ish)

Or possibly a hitch mounted spare carrier?
Or do you want to mount it in the interior of the vehicle?
What year/ generation 4runner do you have?
well i know it will fit in the stock spot but i want to put it up higher maybe a swing out or some thing like that ..
interior mount could work it just depends

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I had it done while the fuel cell was being installed, but it's pretty simple if you can weld - just a frame with expanded metal mesh on the top and loops on each corner to strap to.
yeah it doesnt look that hard i have sum other idea that i have been looken at gona do some mesurements tomorrow and if i think it will work out i will do a drawing in autocad ro solidworks

·
Registered
118 Posts
i like the roof rack concept. that way you can still use the tailgate and see out of the back, makes things easier. plus you can put other stuff up there...

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yeah really I want to know too. I tried 4crawler and I've never got a single reply from him. Are they out of business or what? Sent two emails about their awesome rear bumper and got nothing.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah really I want to know too. I tried 4crawler and I've never got a single reply from him. Are they out of business or what? Sent two emails about their awesome rear bumper and got nothing.

Let me know if he gets back to you. I'm buying me one of them bad boys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts