TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got at the back of the exhaust manifold. Stud hole needs to be helicoiled. Looking forward to do that some time in the future.

We'll I'm not going to pull that manifold off just to put it back on. I'll be upgrading. I know there's a few on the market some pricier than others.

What's everyone's opinions on the Thorley, Rock Ripper, and LCE headers?

Any pros/cons? Are any of them THAT much better than the other?

If anyone has a header laying around they are looking to part with, please let me know!

Mods: You can move this to Performance/Engine/Exhaust. Not sure why I posted here instead of there.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
So I've got at the back of the exhaust manifold. Stud hole needs to be helicoiled. Looking forward to do that some time in the future.

We'll I'm not going to pull that manifold off just to put it back on. I'll be upgrading. I know there's a few on the market some pricier than others.

What's everyone's opinions on the Thorley, Rock Ripper, and LCE headers?

Any pros/cons? Are any of them THAT much better than the other?

If anyone has a header laying around they are looking to part with, please let me know!

Mods: You can move this to Performance/Engine/Exhaust. Not sure why I posted here instead of there.
I have headers on both my Taco (TRD) and 88 (Northwest Offroad). As far as the other brands I can't really say say which ones are better than the others.

It has been a while since I've done research on headers so my information might be a bit rusty. I do know talking with exhaust guys is that you want to make sure that each header pipe is the same length. Which I believe helps with sucking the exhaust and reducing back pressure. Also the longer the header pipe the better too.

As far as performance goes, I noticed a big difference with my Taco. My 88 is kind of "eh" but thats due to that 3.slow.

If you are interested in used headers I know that Yota Jim's has a large selection of all kinds of manufacturers.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Tanner 4wd has a header for sale on craigslist; $150 new IIRC. You could probably show up with $120 and take it home.

I also have a topper for free if you want it; I forget if I sent you a PM...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad I'm in the desert or I'd have probably hopped on these deals. I'll have to try and search one down when I get back.

2 more weeks in the suck.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You're in NTC? Lame... at least it's cooler than, say, July. Say hello to the Dustbowl for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts