TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know I haven't posted in a long time, i've been pretty busy lately, but im kind of in a pickle. I'm doing the ISR mod to my runner as we speak but i just wanted to clarify on some thing. I took the silencer out and bought a 3" in diameter ABS pipe. The 3" pipe is bigger than the old silencer, so big it actually fits over the two pipes leading into it. My question is, can i keep it like this or do I need to get a smaller pipe? and with the vacum hose that connects to my FPR, can i hook it into the nipple on the intake manifold? Here are some pictures of everything.
Stock

Removed

New pipe in place(It fits over the tubes, can i keep it like this or should i get a smaller pipe?

Also here is the tube, can i hook the FPR into this nipple?

Thank You very much

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well nevermind, I went and got a 2.5in pipe to replace it and it works great. I reset the ECU to get the correct air/fuel ratios and should be set. Ill post pics up later.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, as I said i would post up some pics so here they are. If anyone has questions about the mod feel free to ask. So far I really like it. Seems like the throttle is much more punchier and the sound is great.
Here it is in place:

This is what i did with the vacuum tube. I took of the nipple on the intake manifold, and put the hose to the FPR on to there:

And here is just another pic from the side:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
excuse my ignorance but what is an ISR mod?

Looks like what ever it is worked out well.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Intake silencer removal. dont know if it actually works or not. but its supposed to increase ariflow on the intake. from what i hear it makes it louder too. i have no first hand experience on it though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excuse my ignorance but what is an ISR mod?

Looks like what ever it is worked out well.
Yeah it's the Intake Silencer Removal, it takes out the resonator that sits in between your air box and throttle body. It does make it louder, and the throttle seems to be more peppy.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Kool thanks.

that must be a newer model gig.

My 98 didnt have one of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts