TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just moved back to town (Co Springs) a few weeks ago and went camping off Gold Camp Rd. Sat. night. Weather was great all day Sat. but Sun. morning I was greeted with freezing rain and light snow; not what the forecast said.

Got stuck near the Eagle Rock area (PM for specifics) in a large meadow there. Slid out of the ruts in the snow into some deeper stuff and every attempt I made to dig it out failed. Luckily some guys on quads came and gave me a lift back to town.

But now my truck is stuck up there, and I don't know anyone that can get it out. Haven't met anyone to wheel with out here. I think the weather will clear up later this week into the weekend and allow for recovery

Any takers? I'll make it worth your while! If not, can anyone recommend a person or company that's willing and able?

It's not stuck too bad. Just need someone to snatch it out real quick; a winch would be even faster!

Don't know how else to get my truck back. Any help you can give would be much appreciated

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
If it wasn't so far south i'd be able to help sometime during the week.

Unfortunately thats a LONG drive (over an hour).

Hopefully one of the spring's locals will see this and get you some help!

·
20,355 Posts
That sucks man, i am on the wrong side of the state though. hopefully one of the CS natives will see this soon.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
If I still lived in Arvada and had my Tacoma, I would do it. But the problem is that now I live in Ft. Collins and have more of a trail only rig, that wouldn't be too fond of the long highway time down there. So sorry, but I will have to be yet another person that says no. I know that doesn't help you too much....but I know from having seen some recoveries up North that all of these guys are very eager to help if they can....and unfortunately they can't. We have quite a few members down there, however. So don't worry, somebody can help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you guys rock! Thanks for all the feedback! I definitely appreciate the willingness to help out, and I totally understand the distance being a monkey in the wrench.

Orange Crusher you got PM and I'll give you a ring later today!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Same here. I'd could help this week after work but Thursday would be better for me. PM me if needed.

Also edit your post and take the exact location out. It's not likely but there could be some shady lurkers on here that interpret "4Runner Recovery! Any takers?" as "Free 4runner parts"

Take pics of the recovery ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I can picture where the 4runner is. My son crunched my Taco Friday evening (pics to follow). But if we can, we need to get it out of there Monday or Tues as we're forecasted to get 1-3" of snow in Colorado Springs (city) which means greater amounts in the mountains. Call me. (PM) I can help Tuesday.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here. I'd could help this week after work but Thursday would be better for me. PM me if needed.

Also edit your post and take the exact location out. It's not likely but there could be some shady lurkers on here that interpret "4Runner Recovery! Any takers?" as "Free 4runner parts"

Take pics of the recovery ;)

Good call! Thats all I'm really worried about is some hooligans taking pieces off the truck. That and being able to get to it before spring...

Again, thanks for all the support. Much appreciated. You guys rock!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright so I have a few guys interested in giving me a hand tomorrow.

Talked to Orange Crusher (Dan) and DriftinCO (Brian). Dan is down for the evening, which could work, but might be a little sketch with those roads. Brian said morning or afternoon.

No matter what, I would like to find one more person to roll up, just for safety's sake. I would feel like a complete ass if either of these guys got stuck headed up to my truck.

Like I said, I'm certainly willing to compensate you for your time (cash, truck shit, toys cause I work for Hasbro!). At the very least I would fill your gas tank.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can help tomorrow after work. Even though my Runner isn't ready I have the XJ with a winch. I should be off by 3 or 4. If you want to PM me a number I will call you tomorrow. I won't have my cell at work tomorrow and don't know what number I'll be at or I'd send you mine.

Mike

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wish i was closer And didn't have to work ITs been forever since ive been out anywhere.... Good luck GOOD JOB GUYS!!! get him out...:)

Becasue he's making my chick Avatar look bad...OR you know what ill blow off work tomorrow if the chick in you avatar will be there wearing the same thing GAS IS ON ME!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good luck, I'd get it as soon as possible due to the location. Thursday evening is still good for me if you still need help by then.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Meeting at Target at Tinseltown (near Doubletree hotel) at 1 p.m. today We can get away an hour earlier and work in the warmest part of the day.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts