TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so heres the deal. My 4runner is at home so I can't measure this and I need an answer today before I leave work (a vendor is giving me free shocks but they need the answer of size needed today).. so hopefully someone here can help me?
I need to know the extended length and collapsed length of shocks for my truck..
1984 4runner 4wd solid front axle 22r 5spd trans... 3" lift (AAL front and leafs rear)
also whats the mounting for the shocks (eye/eye... stud/eye... etc)

I appreciate your help guys!
~Una

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
OK so heres the deal. My 4runner is at home so I can't measure this and I need an answer today before I leave work (a vendor is giving me free shocks but they need the answer of size needed today).. so hopefully someone here can help me?
I need to know the extended length and collapsed length of shocks for my truck..
1984 4runner 4wd solid front axle 22r 5spd trans... 3" lift (AAL front and leafs rear)

~Una
advanced auto will have this info...
(they will find the stock shock info, then just add 3" (or more for better drop)

·
Registered
71 Posts
(they will find the stock shock info, then just add 3" (or more for better drop)
not exactly right.

front is pretty much just add 3" due to vertical mounting - rear shock is actually less than 3" due to "what" about 30 degree mount - less effective change.

·
Registered
71 Posts

~Una
This is what we (Superlift) show for your application:

Front 3" lift Part # 85271 19.92"/12.41" stem / eye
Front 4" lift Part # 85281 22.90"/13.90" stem / eye

Rear 3" or 4" (front) lift - rear is usually a little less lift to level vehicle part # 85410 26.38"/15.88" EB2/EB2

EB2 is a large shock eye mount with the dimensions: 3/4" ID, 1.25" eye ring, 1.75" length.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
SuperPoser said:
not exactly right.

front is pretty much just add 3" due to vertical mounting - rear shock is actually less than 3" due to "what" about 30 degree mount - less effective change.
thats what I did for my runner's rear, and it worked great...
I kept the front stock length since it was a 1986 model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts