TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the official thread for this run now.

Where: Rausch Creek
When: April 1st -3rd (Edit: The first weekend of April will now be set aside as the Official run time for this event so we can plan this way ahead of schedule)

Count on camping out Friday night, wheeling all day Saturday and maybe camping Saturday night and wheeling most of the day Sunday.

I'd like to run all blues, blue/blacks, and some blacks if anyone is up to the task. There are at least two blacks off the top of my head that I know every one of you can get through with little to no difficulty. Dave all but walked Snakebite last year with an open/open 4Runner on 33s.

Snakebite
Hills and Bowls (this one depends on whether or not the trail is dry or wet)

Let me know who plans on attending and when you plan on showing up and when you plan on calling it quits. I for one will more than likely camp out at least Friday night unless the weather is horrible.

Also, I'd like to limit the groups to 6 rigs. I will need one or maybe even more people to step up to the plate and offer to be trail guides. We need at least one good spotter in each group considering we may take some of you with less modified trucks on harder trails this year.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also for any of you who are new to the group or wheeling in general, this run was put together to introduce new members to the group and new wheelers to the hobby. We will not run anything you don't feel comfortable doing. And there will be at least one experienced spotter in each group to help prevent bad things from happening.

With that said no one can guarantee you won't leave the park with some scratches, dents, or worse a really broken truck. But I can say, if you listen to your spotter the chances of this happening are very slim.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I am going to check the calendar when I get home. I will shoot to have my cage work done for this.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm interested. However I'm new and I'm lookin for some easy stuff. Plus, my bro-in-law wants to come but he just has a stock Nissan Titan. My rig may be a lil more capable than his but I'm still lookin for easy stuff to break me in slow. Are there trails for at R/C for a stack titan? What are the difficulty ratings for the blues and the blue/black?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Also one other quick thing, this is the weekend that Rausch is having Trail Fest so it will be a good time for that too. You can sign up for the dinner and a t-shirt for $25, over on Rausch's website. here is a link http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,12846.0.html

DudeMan - you will be fine running blues and blue/blacks, even a few of the blacks. Just listen to the spotter, relax, and have a good time. Never wheeled with a Titan, but I would imagine he would be okay with blues and a few of the blue/blacks.

Green trails are easiest, think fire roads for the most part
Blue trails add more rocks and some off camber
Blue/Black trails add larger rocks
Blacks are all rock for the most part and off camber
Reds and very large rocks

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks Jtaco1, I'm gonna keep checking back here for updates. Count me in for at least one truck, maybe two. If things fall through and somethin comes up that would cause me not to come...I'll be sure to notify you.

As of now...I'll be seein ya'll there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks Jtaco1, I'm gonna keep checking back here for updates. Count me in for at least one truck, maybe two. If things fall through and somethin comes up that would cause me not to come...I'll be sure to notify you.

As of now...I'll be seein ya'll there.
Dudeman I might be wheeling with a bunch of NISSAN guys next weekend , if there are any titans i'll let you know how they did.

I might be able to go to this , if we dont go to Atlanta the following weekend. as we know I'll be hitting the greens with my junk...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dudeman I might be wheeling with a bunch of NISSAN guys next weekend , if there are any titans i'll let you know how they did.

I might be able to go to this , if we dont go to Atlanta the following weekend. as we know I'll be hitting the greens with my junk...
Ok cool.

Hitting the greens with your junk in Atlanta? Sounds like your golfing with your penis.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
DudeMan - you will be fine running blues and blue/blacks, even a few of the blacks. Just listen to the spotter, relax, and have a good time. Never wheeled with a Titan, but I would imagine he would be okay with blues and a few of the blue/blacks.

Green trails are easiest, think fire roads for the most part
Blue trails add more rocks and some off camber
Blue/Black trails add larger rocks
Blacks are all rock for the most part and off camber
Reds and very large rocks
Really?! Im not sure pushing a stock Titan down 13 (Blue/black trail) would be a good idea. and Im not sure I would take a beginner down anything more then a blue trail.

We are used to the banging and crunching noises. These guys arnt, and they sound like DD's too.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm not sure my bro-in-law and his titan would go down those trails, but he might be interested in the greens. Now my truck is a DD but has been modified a tad. I'll probably hit the blues at first and see how my comfort levels are...then maybe step it up.

And you're right...not used to banging and crunching noises. But in a year or two I'm buying a company vehicle and that will turn into my DD. Then it's time to let the yota run free.:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ok cool.

Hitting the greens with your junk in Atlanta? Sounds like your golfing with your penis.
yah if they are offering free ( IT'D PROLLY DIE BEFORE IF I DROVE IT THERE) air transport I'll urban wheel my junk in the ATL.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Really?! Im not sure pushing a stock Titan down 13 (Blue/black trail) would be a good idea. and Im not sure I would take a beginner down anything more then a blue trail.

We are used to the banging and crunching noises. These guys arent, and they sound like DD's too.
Snake Bite is a blue/black and I think a Titan could go down that no problem. Yes there are a few turns that it would take a little work to get around, but overall I think it would do fine. There was recently a run of Titans at the park and from what I remember many were stock and handled blues and blue/blacks without much issue.

No one ever said anything about 13 :) I remember doing 13 back when I had 31's on the Tacoma and banged around quite a bit. Once a blue/black gets stacked in, which quite a bit of them are, they can be passed with a pretty much stock vehicle with a good spotter and a rock thrown in here or there.

Start out on blues and by the end of the day a new guys confidence will have grown, anlong with ability, most likely and would be able to handle a blue/black.

Who makes banging and crunching noises on a blue trail/bypass :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Snake Bite is a blue/black and I think a Titan could go down that no problem. Yes there are a few turns that it would take a little work to get around, but overall I think it would do fine. There was recently a run of Titans at the park and from what I remember many were stock and handled blues and blue/blacks without much issue.

No one ever said anything about 13 :) I remember doing 13 back when I had 31's on the Tacoma and banged around quite a bit. Once a blue/black gets stacked in, which quite a bit of them are, they can be passed with a pretty much stock vehicle with a good spotter and a rock thrown in here or there.

Start out on blues and by the end of the day a new guys confidence will have grown, anlong with ability, most likely and would be able to handle a blue/black.

Who makes banging and crunching noises on a blue trail/bypass :D
JT WTF happened?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ha!!!!. Now that sucks. It's weird cause i don't see anything in this picture that would cause this...unless of course it rolled from up above.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
JT WTF happened?
That was last years first run of the season. Andy and I were going up the bypass along side Jotters Way and I stalled out. Lost brake pressure and rolled back down the hill and couldn't get a straight shot out the bottom of the trail since there were other trucks parked at the bottom, so I steered to the left and clipped a tree at the bottom, which sent it over on its lid :) Luckily no one was hurt.

I now have a full roll cage tied into the frame and run without a roof.

Keith, you and Wade should try to make this run if you can.

Ha!!!!. Now that sucks. It's weird cause i don't see anything in this picture that would cause this...unless of course it rolled from up above.
There is a decent sized tree just to the left of the picture that I clipped. If you look to the right of the truck, that is the main bypass to this obsticle, I tried to get the truck through the opening where I landed for the most part, but there was a vehicle there that I didn't want to hit.

Just as an FYI to you since you are new to wheeling, at a hill climb do not put your vehicle anywhere near the bottom or top of the climb, so that the above does not happen and the person doing the hill climb has an escape if needed.

It's all good, I needed a cage anyway and no one was hurt which is what matters.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Damn!!!!. Carnage!!!!

Hey guys, check out the classifieds. First post about 880's. I'll bring them with me to R/C this April if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
So....what's goin on?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts