TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4th Annual April Fools Run

Another great event for the PA folks!
Had an awesome time, great to see some old faces again, always seems so long for me.

Thanks to Bruce for getting things set up and leading up through, trail selection was great and never a dull moment in the day.

Thanks again to Andy for letting me ride bitch and allowing me to also drive his 4Runner, now I want a crawl box BAD!

Pictures and some video I shot will be posted soon.
Pictures I took in total was about 360 or so, most being the beginning of the day.
I think I have a few pictures and video from my phone to add to that.

Tons of thanks again and can't wait to do it all over again soon!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Had a great weekend myself, bad day today though. Still had a good time. First Joe broke something in his transfer case, and then I let Jordan drive my truck. He managed to snap the rear drive shaft in two. To make things worse it's the only time I haven't brought my spare drive shaft with me...

Then we got to the comp course and my truck decided to self destruct. Something shorted out and the truck is dead dead. Anyone ever see an Optima Yellow top smoke and hiss? :lmao:

Here's a link to my pictures.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580001967KEjCTQ

For everyone that made it, thanks for coming out!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It was good to see you Avy, and I'm steeling some of the pics you took.:D Jordan and I are very photogenic in that Sammi.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to see you to Joe, and feel free to the photos, that's why their there.
Yeah you and Jordan are def comical in that little Sami

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I wanna thank everyone for puttin up with a newbie. Had a blast. Won't lie...but I was f-ing nervous as hell going in. But after a while it wasn't bad at all. Never would have thought that lil tacoma could do the things it did.

I got some pretty good pics too. I'll post them later tonight once I get them off my phone.
Sounds like your sunday was a little rough.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This is why I now have a trail only rig and a trailer. Shit like this happens all the time. Still had a good day Sunday. The truck will be fixed and back on the trail soon enough, and with upgrades. :D
Yeah, I can see that now. I'm gonna make sure I have some spare parts of some likely things that break for next time. Any suggestions of what I should bring. Like a spare CV or tie rods?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Better start saving now! Might get bigger tires too

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Sounds like your sunday was a little rough.
If the electrical problems would have happened the same time Jordan broke the drive shaft we definitely would have had a rough day. The other guy in our group didn't have a winch and this is where it was stuck WITH power so Jordan was able to use my winch to pull my truck out and to an access road.

He wasn't going forward due to lack of traction because of my truck being open in the front. And that rock behind the rear axle was a good 4 or 5 inches over the top of the axle tubes so backing down wasn't going to happen either.

I was relieved when I heard and saw the drive shaft bounce off the rocks AFTER I noticed the back tires weren't spinning. I still can't believe me and the two other guys standing around him didn't notice the drive shaft rubbing on the rocks. There was evidence that it was rubbing for a while before it finally let loose.

The drive shaft is an easy fix as I have a spare, and Jordan's going to fix the other one once I get a piece of scheduled 40 off my buddy. The electrical problem may be the pain in the ass. Hopefully the two places we noticed a possible short are the actual problem and not hiding somewhere.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If I were you Bruce, I would go though the whole truck and cut out anything that you don't need in the harness. Less is more.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just thought I'd post some of the pics I took.

and the whole crew...Joe, you're back there with your hood up heating up the brats on your motor.

...and yes Red..those are from my phone.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Those pics are sweet. I wish we could have stayed the whole weekend. Me and the fam had a great time as always. Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
8 Participants
YotaFun
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing