TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's official: 4WD Toyota Owner will be entering our Toyota FJ Cruiser in the SCORE Baja 500 in June 2007 in Class 3!

We have put together a killer team of Scott Brady, Cain Smead and Mike Baker. Scott and Cain are Baja and race veterans who know the terrain and course very well. Mike is a 20-year ASE-certified tech who has worked on Toyotas ONLY for the last two decades. When something breaks, he can fix it!

This truck will serve double duty: both 4WD events, and of course the Baja 500! We will keep 4WD, and right after Baja we will take it on the Rubicon trail. It's going to prove that the FJ Cruiser can handle both worlds of speed and crawling equally well!

The real key is that this truck will be a bolt-on rig. No $20,000 axles that no one can really afford. We are going to equip our FJ Cruiser with the best off-the-shelf parts--All Pro Offroad, Total Chaos, Sway-A-Way, Mickey Thompson, IPF, and much more. ANYONE can replicate this without breaking the bank!

Click below for the basic web page showing our ever-growing list of sponsors and parts. Stay tuned to 4WD Toyota Owner mag for the action pics; I will also post spy shots here and on the web page. The truck had the Total Chaos long travel kit installed today at Demello Offroad. Next it's off to BK Fabworks for the roll cage, seats, fuel cell etc.

Click here for info and get your butts to Ensenada come June to see the 4WD Toyota Owner FJ Cruiser take on all comers!

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/FJCruiserRacer.html

Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
ohhh

I saw it today when they were ripping out the stock suspension, lots of quality parts going on that sucker. Im proud to have been there when it was started... :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZPDSOBER said:
I guess it's all relative. In regards to the budget... I bet you guys have at least 10 grand worth of stuff in there... :rolleyes:
Not quite, but I get your point. Consider though that the Ultimate Adventure FJC had a rear Dynatrac Pro Rock 60. A killer axle, true, but one that's about $4K, four thousand dollars JUST FOR THE SINGLE AXLE! No suspension, etc--just one single axle. Kinda mind blowing. To a lot of people, that's almost two month's salary for one axle.

Anyway, you're right, it's all relative. The goal is to keep it in reach of the average wheeler--we'll see how it goes! We think we can do it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
cool

I like the philosophy.... Makes us regular non professional folk feel like the performance you guys reap from this modified FJ is attainable to "a guy like me." :kewl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
4WD Toyota Owner Magazine
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing