TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the advantages of a 4x4 that a 4x2 can't do?
I'm starting to regret that I should have got a 4x4 now.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I own a 4x2 also, but it definitely gets the job done, unless you're driving up muddy or loose gravel hills I've never had a problem, even in snow.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
:newbie: :xmoon:

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
bigwilliesty1e said:
What are the advantages of a 4x4 that a 4x2 can't do?
I'm starting to regret that I should have got a 4x4 now.
It's all about traction. I can take you some places a 4x2 can't go. But if you don't realy go there, you will never notice. 4x2 can get you 80% of the places, exspecialy with the rear locker. But it's that 20% that will leave ya stuck, wishing you had the 4x4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tankota said:
It's all about traction. I can take you some places a 4x2 can't go. But if you don't realy go there, you will never notice. 4x2 can get you 80% of the places, exspecialy with the rear locker. But it's that 20% that will leave ya stuck, wishing you had the 4x4.
Yea I have the rear locker but I don't know how and when to use it. Maybe because I haven't taken it off-roading yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imconfused.... lol.. I have a 99 prerunner TRD but as far as i knew... i didnt have a locker... if there is how do you engage it!!!

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
TmudRroverD said:
Imconfused.... lol.. I have a 99 prerunner TRD but as far as i knew... i didnt have a locker... if there is how do you engage it!!!
You have a 2.7 . It is unlikely that you have a locker.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
On the dash to the LEFT of the steering wheel, by the dimmer control.. is there a push switch that says RR dif lock? if so, push it.. If not, SOL.

·
Registered
98 Posts
a 4x2 will get you into trouble.... a 4x4 will get you out....

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
yrffej said:
a 4x2 will get you into trouble.... a 4x4 will get you out....
For many of us here:
a 4x2 will get you into trouble.... a 4x4 will get you into deeper trouble
..lol

100 Posts
A 4x4 s not a half track

grillmasterp said:
For many of us here:
..lol

I 4x4x4 that quote. 25 years experience in getting stuck with 4x4 Rams and Broncos in muck and sand and holes. 2x2 you tend to know what you can do and not do.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
fabtaco said:
Huh? What are you talking aboot?
The mini you turned into a prerunner thing is kinda cool. The lowrider thing might be useful for an RTI ramp. :D

This is TTORA. Tacoma Territory Off-Roader's Association.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
485 Posts
fabtaco said:
I like the best of both worlds my man :D

I second this. I have a body dropped mini and a Tacoma with 33's. Granted I don't wheel hard but I am an avid offroad enthusiast. The mini gets amazing gas mileage and rides smooth as a whistle (bagged with Rx-7 independant rear end). Just fun to cruise while the weather is nice. When winter roles around or for trail rides, I use the Tacoma. Just balancing two vehicles that have equal functionality in their own respect.

Ryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
grillmasterp said:
For many of us here:
..lol
Einstein once said "Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it just allows you to get stuck in even more remote places."

As for the low-riders, I just don't understand the allure. More power to you if that's your thing, though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts