TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted an 05 tacoma 4x2 sport track to a 4x4 and how hard would it be to do? What would i need to buy to do the conversion?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Oh come on, it can't be THAT bad, all he'll need is:

t-case
driveshaft
differential
axles x2
spindles x2

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Its a ton of work on the second gen tacos, can't imagine doing a third gen. Good luck. Check out the main brd.
There's already one that's been documented (poorly) and a second one in process. The user already has the donor truck and already pulled all the 4WD parts he needs.

His name is "luka" on TTORA and ToyotaNation. (The one in process)

Md-Sqd is the other guy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Oh come on, it can't be THAT bad, all he'll need is:

t-case
driveshafts
differential
axles x2
spindles x2
dont forget a 4wd trans and a new wire harness and ecus for the engine/trans and the tcase. dash switch with harness. im sure there is some abs and airbag issues that will need to be addressed too.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
dont forget a 4wd trans and a new wire harness and ecus for the engine/trans and the tcase. dash switch with harness. im sure there is some abs and airbag issues that will need to be addressed too.
That was my thought. The "big" stuff is probably the easiest...it'll be the little things that kick your ass...and your budget. I'd definately stick with the "sell yours and buy one" theory personally. Or...60/14B with an Atlas...just saying.:D

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
This is one of those situations I see where one wrong decision is compounded by making another wrong decision and two wrongs rarely if ever make a right. The very best you can hope for in this situation is a draw and that only if everything works out just right. All in all it's just safer and cheaper to sell and buy again and correct the first wrong decision without digging a deeper hole for yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing