TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn't be more happy with them. they are the shizit.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I thought I saw it before here. Where is more info on your air filter setup?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It looks like a pre filter from a humvee.

·
Registered
223 Posts
x2 Looks really good, welds look good too!

Did you go with hrew or DOM?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 6" sewer drain cap. here is a build up link if anyone wants to know more about it. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...memade+snorkel People have there opinions but its functional and shows ingenuity. I wasn't the first to come up with the idea (tracking Jamie) ;I. I give credit where credit is due. Its only honorable. Merely went off a existing mod.
The bars were designed by Jamie (correct me if I'm wrong Jamie) and made by Adam at 4xinnovations. Awesome fabricator by the way. Just ordered his class 3 rear bumper. Can't wait for it. My armor with be complete for the most part. Thinking of a cage but not sure yet.

Went with DOM. I want those things to be the toughest possible.

Jeff's son Cody (20 I believe) welded them up for me. Some of the prettiest welds I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Your truck is so sick. Are those stock spare wheels? Seeing your sliders makes me wish I had bought a set with a kickout.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the complement. those are indeed the stock steelies. I picked up 4 of them for 85 bucks at a local junkyard when I lived in GA. Yeah I was going to go with regular linear sliders then I saw 4xinnovations sliders. Couldn't be more happy with them.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
(tracking Jamie) ;I. I give credit where credit is due. Its only honorable. Merely went off a existing mod.
The bars were designed by Jamie (correct me if I'm wrong Jamie) and made by Adam at 4xinnovations.
I hope you didn't think I was calling you out or something. I think it's very cool that somebody besides me sees the value in having such a simple yet strong, and modular (easily installed or removed) rack.

I looked all over the forums, and everybody was building these big, heavy, complicated, cumbersome, intricate bed racks. I didn't want a rack permanently attached to my truck, and I don't have anywhere to store a big bulky 1-piece rack.

...so I thought about it, and came up with that design. It works perfectly for my rig. I'm very pleased to see it on another truck. If you start looking at all the mounts available from FourTreks, those bed rack bars can actually have a lot of "ExPo" potential.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
you will be happy with them!

after all the abuse mine have been through they are still holding strong. just a bend and some dents here and there but they still do their job well!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Jamie. I started looking for a simple design and like you said a lot of nice intricate racks out there. Not taking away from some of these racks I saw but they seemed to be a little on the overkill side. Came across your bars one day and they are the ones that seemed the most practical for what I have plan to use them for. Simple, practical, removable and light weight.
Going to set aside money for a RTT while I'm in Afghanastan next year. Other pieces are in the works when I come back too.
Aiming for that self sufficient truck for Overland travels as well as the weekend camping get away. That's the goal I set 4.5 years ago when I bought the truck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sliders saved my ass numerous times on the trails out here in northwest WA. since install. Work like a charm!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts