TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last Weekend (21 - 22 Apr) I went up to 4XInnovations a.k.a. Traxman25's a.k.a. Adam's shop to fabricate a front bumper for my truck.

It took us 2 days (about 20 total shop hours) to get it done, but Adam came through for me once again, and delivered exactly what I wanted!

Adam was very patient with me (going behind him with my tape-measure to double check his every measurement), and tasking me every time he could. He was definitely the brains of the operation doing all the calculations, bending, notching, and welding. He could see that I was chomping at the bit to participate so he gratiously tasked me with cutting, grinding, drilling, and measuring every chance he got.

Day 1:

Reinforcing the front of the frame:

We stole the idea from here:
http://www.nwtoys.com/tech/frame-endcap

Next we had to figure out how to attach the front bumper, and fabricate mounting brackets that utilized stock mounting points:

Main Cross-bar for the winch mount:

DAY 2:

Mocking up the top cross-bar, up tubes, and stinger:

Finishing everything up:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
CURRENT:

I have fabricated brackets, and mounted LED turn signals:

I am having the bumper powdercoated later this week.​

While the bumper is at powdercoat, I'm going to rattle-can black all the white behind the bumper. I'll be sure to post pics when she's 100% completed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
looks badass Jamie. glad you got one before moab. it will be used and tested out there!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
bitchin stinger!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ditch those turn signals!! I bought new sockets at Autozone and wired them up to make my park lights double as turn signals. Nice looking bumper!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Nice turn signal brackets BTW Jamie, I'm glad you were able to get something and cut off those last minute hack jobs off so easliy. They look A LOT better too.:lmao:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ditch those turn signals!! I bought new sockets at Autozone and wired them up to make my park lights double as turn signals. Nice looking bumper!
Na - I like 'em and I'm gonna keep 'em. I thought about the Parking Light mod, but I like this better.

I just need to figure out something better than zip-ties for the License Plate.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice turn signal brackets BTW Jamie, I'm glad you were able to get something and cut off those last minute hack jobs off so easliy. They look A LOT better too.:lmao:
HA!

...You know - one of those "last minute hack jobs" was actually welded on there pretty good and deep. 3 of them broke off clean and easy, but the one kicked my ass for a minute. :D

I just cut out a piece of sheet metal to mount the light to, and then drilled and tapped a couple of holes, so the lights fit in from behind the tubing and are a little recessed (and protected). Came out looking cleaner than I thought.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looks good; The mounting and cross bracing solution is a great idea. I may have to use that for inspiration when I replace the stock junk. Never was happy with mounting on my old ride.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks great! I like the frame brackets also. It looks like someone was really using their head on this one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
link? they lok fine for now.. better than me runnin around w/o any..

NICE BUMPER

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Looks good, Jamie. Nice and tight on that front end with a killer stinger! I really like those mounts in the reinforced stock locations.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Back In Black!

BACK FROM POWDER COAT!

Dropped it off at the shop Wednesday morning - got it back this afternoon. The place put on a double coat of flat black for $90.
Like a sore dick - you can't beat that!

:xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp: :xsmokin1: :xpimp:

...Now I need a winch and some lights!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks sweeeeeeet!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Lovin it.

Those manual hubs look purdy

·
Registered
419 Posts
[/CENTER]

...Now I need a winch and some lights![/QUOTE]

I thought I saw my truck for a second.......Just need to get a couple dents in the bed and their twins........!
Nice job on the conversion btw....:xrocker:
How's "Great Mistakes" doing?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts