TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tacoman, mdoug, fattyb and i ran slaughterhouse gulch today. It was a great run. the trail turned out to be more fun than i was planning on it being. I didnt have a camera, but Doug and Tacoman did so they should be uploading pics in the next day or two.

·
Registered
898 Posts
that was the first trail i ever ran. look forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It was a damn good trail to. Shit I am going to be planning more runs up that way. I did get a little turned around finding the damn turn off but we managed. I will try to post pic's up tomorrow. Tired now just walked in the damn door.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just about. When we got to the top at the after all the switch backs there was a very small amount of snow but other then that I really did not see any snow.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah 9 news reported that snow is above 9000 feet and I think slaughterhouse is at 8K. That big downhill has a little pucker factor if there was snow or mud.

If slaughterhouse looks good then I bet Fall River Road trail is getting to be open as well as yankee hill. Moody/Crystal and 7 mile too should be open soon!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Um bashing is harder than it sounds. Ask FJCruzer and March1234... we needed a snowblower to try and get through Pearl Pass and Taylor Pass last July....

Taylor Pass June 24th 2007

Pearl Pass June 24th 2007

Redcone / Webster pass July 7th 2007

I think all of these are around at least 10K.... And even with like 7 shovels we did no damage...

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
7 mile has been completely open for about a month now. As soon as kelly flats, moody hill, or crystal open up i will be doing a run of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts