TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my eyes on a set of wheels that I’d really like to have but is 5.2 inches of backspacing too much? Originally ordered for late 90’s Chevrolet 4x4

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,372 Posts
Depends on your vehicle and the type of tires you plan to install, but it definitely sounds too much. Stock rims on most 2005+ Tacoma models was 5" backspacing. You generally need lower backspacing for wider tires. Don't forget about brake clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention mine is a stock 2003 and the rim is 8.5”. I’m not fond of spacers but other than driving on sandy beaches I don’t off-road very much.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,372 Posts
Stock backspacing on 95-04 models was 4 5/8". I know people have run the 2005" rims on 95-04 models, but clearance with the control arm was very tight. I don't think you'll have the clearance needed on the front wheels without 1/4" spacers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I’m leery of running spacers I don’t off-road hard but I might Have more peace of mind with that small of a spacer.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I run 8.5" by 17" 4.30"BS on my 2005 Taco made by SCS and all is good. But I would listen to Showstop. He's more expert than me. If you mostly run the beaches in Hawaii then even the stocks will work unless u like the look of aftermarket wheels. Your name...Keoni I'm guessing you from Hawaii. I live on Kauai, no rock crawling here only sand and mud. My 2012 still stock wheels. Both trucks on King Resi's and Total Chaos UCAs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts