TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im currently running the 3" CF spacer kit w/v6 coil springs up front (4 cyl.)
2" rear block w/PC add-a-leaf. Im looking into getting more lift - the question
is what should I do? I want to run 5 - 6" overall. So should I just pick up a
Rodger Brown 2" BL kit for 200$ and add it to my set up - or should I go all
out and get a new Tuff Country 5" kit. Any suggestions? I would appriciate it.
Rob :xdevil:

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
I'd go with the Tuff Country lift if your budget allows. I'm not a fan of body lifts, so I don't recommend them unless you are peddling on the street corner for your lift money. If drop bracket lifts weren't so damn expensive, I would have bought one instead of the coilovers I currently own.

Don't forget about extra lift in the rear. Yoshi2000 here in So-Cal is selling some 5" alcans. (Check classifieds section) Those would be a great combo to the Tuff Country lift. Don't forget bigger tires, new gears, kitchen sink, etc.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
98Taco2 said:
So im currently running the 3" CF spacer kit w/v6 coil springs up front (4 cyl.)
do you wheel? If so, go with a drop bracket lift. I had a 2.5" spacer and 3" BL. The problem is that while the clearance under the diffs are the same as a drop bracket lift, the frame is still low. I like to rockcrawl, and that becomes a major issue. I now have a Fabtech 6" and love it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
98Taco2 said:
I'd get rid of the blocks to. If money allows maybe some new springs or an aal and shackle combo.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
98Taco2 said:
I ran a 3in body lift for years with 2.5in coil overs with 35in tires on my tacoma I took the money I saved from "Not" doing a drop braket kit and re-geared my diffs!

I would say if you don't want to wheel do the drop braket kit, they put your center of gravity way up there and make things feel really tippy off road!

As far as problems go I would say they both offer about the same? I have seen body pucks get pulled thru the cab from abuse and I have seen drop braket kits become impossible to align and bend real easy.

if your not sure do a coil over suspension first. either way your going to want that. then add the other lifts too it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts