TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've searched about these a good bit here and at TS. not a lot of info on either site yet. got em from Wheeler's $189.00 set. this will be my first "real" mod attempt. i am technologically impaired, so i will not be able to post pics, but will update on them best i can. anyone running these...your input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
i've searched about these a good bit here and at TS. not a lot of info on either site yet. got em from Wheeler's $189.00 set. this will be my first "real" mod attempt. i am technologically impaired, so i will not be able to post pics, but will update on them best i can. anyone running these...your input is appreciated.
been meaning to do some research on those wonder if they make them long enough for fabtech lift

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i still have a lot of ?'s about them myself. hoping 265 75's will clear. i'm not ready to do any trimming yet. i'd love to have the fabtech lift, like you! not enough ends to go around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thy have arrived!!

got em yesterday. nice & purdy. gonna try to get em on this weekend. anyone know if i gotta detach the swaybar or either control arm to get the assy. out?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
you don't have to unhook either........there are people who swear you have to undo the swaybar but is just extra unnecessary work.......just get a friend and a big prybar to push down on the lower control arm and you will be set.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you sir! big prybar...check. friend, not-yet-aware of having to help with it...check. BTW how much for the 'runner?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah...you gotta disconnect the sawybar. had a 4ft prybar on it, no go. in fact, it was a tite fit even w/swaybar detached. used the 1.75" setting. i'm loving it. about 1/2" difference from rear, almost exactly level. got to wheel em just a lil, gonna have to get the rears now tho. front soaks up everything. hardly even notice speed bumps, until the rears hit 'em:D i gotta say i'm very happy with them :kewl: the guy at NTB thought he was gonna kiepf my old ones. noticed a '97 taco in the employee lot:rolleyes:

anyways, not a bad experience. i would reccomend them to anyone.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I guess I am just special........I have never unhooked the sway bar to change the shocks on one of these trucks.

glad they worked out for you

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you worked on an 05+? maybe the setup has changed a little. i tried everywhich way to wrestle em out before disc. the swaybar. still were a bit of a bastard to get out.

how much you asking for the 85 'runner??

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
ahhh...........no I have not done an 05+....that may be the difference.

I would take 1k for the 4runner

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I guess I am just special........I have never unhooked the sway bar to change the shocks on one of these trucks.

glad they worked out for you
don't feel that special! I have never unhooked the sway bar either…well that is until I cut it off for my solid axle:wiggle:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so far, they're great! i have not assed final judgement on them yet as my leaf springs need replaced. right now i'm comparing "front to back" over speed bumps, pot-holes, water-bars etc. i don't know if the back is THAT bad (leafs are crap, fix on the way), or the fronts are THAT good. when i first installed, i definately noticed them. they really do cushion the bumps. once the new leafs are on, i will have them on the rear as well ( still running stock bilsteins ) i don't want them (toyota) trying to blame anything on the shocks. the trails i usualy run on are low speed trails, so i don't really notice them. if the rears are like the front when i get them, i will almost be able to ignore all but the most devious speed bumps. :D long story short...i'd reccommend them to anyone!

BTW...love your sig!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts