TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got the bils that were on my truck when I bought them sitting here and want to sell but one side is alot softer than the other. Would make sense, sort of, in terms of the way the stock shocks run, or maybe not.
One busted, or normal?

Like I said, these are for sale, so I want to make sure the dude gets what he buys.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i know that donahoe sells a shock for the right side and a different length shock for the left side. but as far as the valving i dont think there is a difference. but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sounds like one of them is smoked. Should be valved the same, because if it wasn't it would have a different PN for the dr side.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mojavegold said:
...Should be valved the same, because if it wasn't it would have a different PN for the dr side.
Thats what I was thinking.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
its nice to see there is ethical people on the site doing people right in business. I have heard/seen some shady business going on

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 muddin...nice to see a decent human being once in a while.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
one shock is longer to compensate for the added weight, i.e. gas tank and other stuff, of the drivers side.
Nope, they are both the same. Only the stock units are like that. The OR Bils need a shim installed to compensate.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
This thread is hilarious. So much mis-information being spread around its just stupid.

On the 95-04 models, the shocks are different lengths and side specific due to the slightly different shock mounting heights on each side. For the Bilstein 5100(5125) shocks:

5-BE5-6252-H5 REAR LEFT
5-BE5-6253-H5 REAR RIGHT

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
This thread is hilarious. So much mis-information being spread around its just stupid.

On the 95-04 models, the shocks are different lengths and side specific due to the slightly different shock mounting heights on each side. For the Bilstein 5100(5125) shocks:

5-BE5-6252-H5 REAR LEFT
5-BE5-6253-H5 REAR RIGHT
Tyler... what else do you expect?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Front Bils for the 05 and newer are PN: F4-BE5-C513-HO. Last time I checked that was only one PN, not 2 different PN's denoting right VS left. Since 5125 is not a stock PN, I'm assuming this is correct. If I'm wrong, sorry for the bad info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts