TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a alcan 8 leaf pack and some 8.5 inch 5150. Wheelers off road suggested these shocks with this leaf pack. On compression they are ok but at full extension they are the limiting factor instead of my leafs. Im worried while jumping im goin to rip my shocks apart. Do you think i could get some limit straps or different shocks. Without the shocks on i only get about 2 inches more travel so we are only talkin 2 inches. Not a big deal to me. Any advice. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Save your money and go long travel. If you're going to be "jumping" your truck and plan on rapid full extension, you're going to need limiting straps regardless. The 5150's are a good shock for some light off road action, but at some point you're going to want to invest in a more serious, specifically valved shock for your truck. Better save up and do it right the first time so you don't spend the same money twice.

Also, limit straps would help you get by with your existing setup for a bit, while you save up for what you really want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts