TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that a 4x4 3.4 5spd tranny will work on my 2.7L with modifactions to the cross member? If correct what needs to be done to the crossmember? What else is involved, new wiring harness, and then pedals? How much money am I looking to spend on the swap on parts other than the transmission? Thanks.

-Justin

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
No way. They have conmpletely different bellhousing bolt patters, the 5speed V6 and 4cyl tranny's are completely different. It think 4cyls use W59s or somethin like, V6's use r150f's.

Besides there will be wiring issues. You'll have a constant CE light regardless of manual tranny cause the auto tranny is not hooked up anymore. In CA I dont think they allow you to pass SMOG with a CE light regardless of pollutants. Which is BS, if the case.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
In order to mate a V6 transmisssion to the 4cyl engine, you will need one of the special bellhousings that Marlin Crawler offers. You shouldn't need to modify the crossmember, but you will need the right tranny mount for the crossmember.

You also know that you need all the clutch components including the pedal, master cylinder, slave clylinder, etc? Not to mention you have to change out the shifters and stuff. Swapping from an auto to a 5sp is not a cakewalk. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Will the same transfer case that go's to a v6 5speed bolt up to a I4 auto?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Bolt to it, most likely. Problem is the input shaft on the transfer and the output shaft on the transmission will not mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts