TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the confusion guys, As I was informed Degenerates will not be organizing the event. So it is on US!

This would be the 5th annual clean-up in Choke Cherry Canyon, tentatively for Saturday September 3rd starting at 8am and lasting until noon.

We Need to get in contact with BLM (Bill Papich) and discuss providing gloves, shovels, rakes, buckets, dumpsters, trash bags, porta potties, and everything necessary except trucks and people.

This is an opportunity to get active in preserving our right to 'wheel and to show that we do take care of the land we use for the sport we love so much, so make some time and help support our efforts to keep trails open!!!!!

Last years event page is here

Im sure Brian or one of those guys will chime in!

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now dont have any plans in place. My schedule has been pretty hectic lately. Is anyone relatively close to farmington that could check out the areas. I have personally never been out there. I leave back to socorro late Aug for school. So if we are going to do this need to get it done before then.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dood! now is the time to start calling bill, planning the scouting/camping trips, while you are talking to bill get a number for the local ranger to get the camping permits authorized for the pre-runs and for the cleanup dates.

get an idea of what to feed peeps and if you plan on doing any other type of prizes and sh!#

you already opened the door for the cleanup. pretty much everyone is the same distance.

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just give you guys an update,

After talking with Bill this morning, BLM is not going to be able to provide any suppies or dumpsters. Primarily its just kinda short notice for BLM to get their Budget in and have it approved for such activities. Bill did infrom me that it would almost be more beneficial to have a huge group people just walk around as trash is rather more scattered in small distributions, so something to think about for the futue. It might be best to just plan for a big Clean Up event next year.

That being said, We can still make this an official NM TTORa event if there is interest, but more of a wheeling trip. Normal camp, wheel, meet greet with some other members. I always stress picking up trash on the trail, thats kinda implied respect for the land. Still working on getting camping permits for that weekend.

On a side note BLM is a hosting pretty big event for the National Public Lands Day on Sept24th. Will be spread about the glade, primarily clean up from my understanding with other events. We may just want to join in o this event show our support. Public Lands meeting for the Glade Aug 25 see the link here

-Rick

·
Registered
289 Posts
bring the runner! it will do fine with out the cage, bypasses are everywhere!

oh yeah will be pulling in friday late evening.

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well THe cage is not holding me back, the motor actually has a knock going on right now, im hoping its a valve and not a spun bearing. But havent torn apart motor yet as its at my fabricators getting the cage.

But I hope you guys are having an awesome time out there :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts