TTORA Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hot Damn. That's a lake alright. :D I forgot about this. I'm really hoping I don't have to worry about mine until the next time I drop the trans again.....LOL....
I still haven't had any leaks since that last time I posted (thank God).
I forgot - your foam was wet correct? Mine was dry, so hopefully I'm GTG for a while.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hot Damn. That's a lake alright. :D I forgot about this. I'm really hoping I don't have to worry about mine until the next time I drop the trans again.....LOL....
I still haven't had any leaks since that last time I posted (thank God).
I forgot - your foam was wet correct? Mine was dry, so hopefully I'm GTG for a while.
Rear foam was wet, front foam was dry. It was leaking on the pass sde because the pass side of the valley is lower.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I hope you don't mind a little hijack here but those pictures you posted have me thinking.... Do you know what it takes to remove those knock sensors? I ask as we have had a check engine light on for a long time in my wifes 97 4runner and its because of one of the knock sensors, either that or the wiring running to one of the sensors. I have been hesitant to go all the way into it to the point your pictures show just for a knock sensor, as it still runs fine. Plus once I am into it that far I will have to dive into valve cover gaskets that need replacing and at that point should just find someone who can adjust the valves.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i'm pretty sure they just thread right off. You may want to get new knock sensor harnessed. Mine shattered once I touched them because the heat just beats them up.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts